guys do you do this girl thing?...

by highdose 12 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

I've recently met someone and we spent all last evening chatting on the phone. this morning comes, i text him and get no responce. A few hours go by and i start thinking that hes obviously gone off me, i will never find anyone, must be totaly unattractive and repluse the opposite sex etc etc...basicaly start thinking myself into a depression.

Then i get a text midday... hes phone had run out of battery(!) Suddenly normal comunication is resumed!!!

Now i ask is this just a girl thing? To start assuming the worst and obessing if we don't hear anything?

or are you guys more senseible?

• sd-7
    sd-7

That can be a pretty human response for a male or a female, I'd say. But for guys, I would think there's more pressure to take the initiative. In my case, being a wimpy man, I never had to call, always found the bossy types--they'd call me so much I couldn't even relax for 5 minutes.

But that's...that's a normal response. I think, though, that you may need to rethink your perception of yourself, see your beauty independent of how any man sees you. You'd be surprised at just how attractive you might be without even knowing it.

--Christopher

• minimus
    minimus

It's therapy day.

• Denial
    Denial

a girl i dated gave me shit for not calling her back within 3 days after the first time we hung out. "the 3-day rule" she said!!! i asked why she didnt call me....... "the three day rule means that if the guy doesnt call, he's not inetersted".

i couldnt tell her that i needed the 3 days to break up with my then-girlfriend so i could date her instead :s

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've never had that problem.

• feenx
    feenx

I agree, it's a natural thing to wonder if someone is still interested when you don't get the response time you're hoping for. But yeah, I also agree on embracing your beauty!! If this dude didn't text back, well then obviously he's an idiot, right? screw that noise.

ahhhh but he DID text back, which means he's not an idiot, AND he's into you. So you should feel good!!

Also, an f y to the i, guys don't spend all night talking on the phone with some chick they're not into. Most of us dont like talking on the phone at all, let alone for extended periods of time.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

These things never happened when people used carrier pigeons.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just don't be too clingy. Guys hate clingy girls.

• leec
    leec

It completely depends on the person and their habits. It's exactly the same as whether or not to worry if someone is more than half an hour late without calling. Some people are like clockwork, and when they fail to do the usual thing then it's time to worry. Others are flaky as a good pie crust and you just have to know that they will never let you know when they are running late.

If you don't know the person yet, you can't proceed as if you did. For your own sake, assume they are flaky or something (like the battery thing) happened, until you see a pattern indicating otherwise.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I've never dated a guy and aren't likely to either (unless he looks like Cheryl Cole).

Give Dr. Michelides a call.

Also, we must go out for that beer we've been talking about now for the past 6 months!

Carlos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit