The Economy for 2010

by oldflame 49 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Hello all my JWN friends.

I felt the need to share what I have heard recently. I have a very close friend who has a brother who is an Economist. He works with the Government and I have seen pictures of him with President Clinton and other high ups. He told his brother who then told me that we better grab our shorts and hang on because what we have experienced the last two years is nothing to what we are going to experience this year. If you have a construction job now ? He says you may not have it in three to six months.

He said that the stock market is going to fall and it is going to send us into a depression like we have never seen. Our national debt is so high that soon other countries whoich are also hurting like us are going to say that's enough with the loans and will cut the US off from all loans when that happens we are screwed to the hilt. Folks save all you got dont waste a single dime on anything unneeded, your going to need it. They are saying that 6.2 million are about to loose their unemployment and the middle class is steadily disappearing. It would be wise to store some extra food at this time friends and what we are going to experience the next few years is going to be nasty.

Oldflame

• Highlander
    Highlander

2010 is going to be a great year and 2011 will be even better.

• John Doe
    John Doe

If it's really as bad as all that, might as well just store a pistol and bullet.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

oldflame you have a PM

Hopscotch

• darthfader
    darthfader

I would question if the guy has something to gain by his doom and gloom story...

Some wild optimists or pessimists are that way for a rea$on...

Darth Fader

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Our national debt is so high that soon other countries whoich are also hurting like us are going to say that's enough with the loans and will cut the US off from all loans when that happens we are screwed to the hilt.

That's never going to happen, because, the USA is an important Consumer of those countries products. So they will just keep on givving lones to the USA.

• Robdar
    Robdar

My fiance is an economics professeor. He says it could get bad but does not expect it to be as bad as your friend is expecting it to be. We were talking double dip (with nuts on top?) recession when he was visiting me over the weekend.

What Does Double Dip Recession Mean?When gross domestic product (GDP) growth slides back to negative after a quarter or two of positive growth. A double-dip recession refers to a recession followed by a short-lived recovery, followed by another recession.

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, thank God all economists agree on everything, and there is no room for interpretation in such an exact science.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Yes, thank God all economists agree on everything, and there is no room for interpretation in such an exact science.

LOL. My fiance loves a smart ass as much as I.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

OF: He said that the stock market is going to fall and it is going to send us into a depression like we have never seen.

Stock market is always falling. I read book "The Day the Dollar Dies" about 30 years ago. It aint dead yet. And even if that happens, OF, there will be light and freedom at the end of the tunnel. It has to be broken before it can get fixed. Change always happens. You just have to adapt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit