Sinfest

by leec 16 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

mrp

• John Doe
    John Doe

In all seriousness, I'll give you some pointers on getting responses.

1. use open ended questions
    2. post thought provoking topics
    3. interact with people who post in a positive manner

That's it. Also, keep in mind that a good many of my topics don't get responses.

Consider your thread here. You use a question "is anyone a fan?" That is a yes or no, closed ended question. Furthermore, it doesn't require thought. Finally, it makes it sound as if you're wanting responses from people who are fans, so those who aren't aware of the strip may not answer. How about using "What do you think of this comic? I really like it." Or, "What are some of your favorite comics?" Each of these requires the reader to use thoughtful analysis and converse upon the thread topic. Furthermore, it encourages people to interject themselves into the conversation. Finally, it gives a feeling of closeness and familiarity that "is anyone a fan?" does not.

And that's my helpful tidbit for the month.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Looks funny to me. Do you read "Cyanide and Happiness"? That one's pretty twisted.

• leec
    leec

John Doe - I wasn't necessarily fishing for lots of replies I just thought that exactly zero of them for over a day was a little strange given that there was a normal amount of activity. I guess in a way also I'm trying to figure out how much this crowd relates to me and vice versa. So far I am getting the impression that most people here are about a decade or 2 older than me not only chronologically but also in terms of preferences in music, humor, social norms, etc. And a minority of people seem interested in expanding their "comfort zone" of familiar things (which I guess could be an age thing as well). But also since I do know that a lot of really good posts go unnoticed for various reasons (not the least of which is that it's harder here than on the average forum to pick up where one left off last time without missing some stuff), I sent it TTT a couple times.

Jadeen - Yes I absolutely love C&H, definitely one of my top 10 favorite comics. There are a few others .. pon and zi, and some whose names I can't remember right now.

• leec
    leec

pon and zi:

• leec
  • JAFO
    JAFO

Been a big Sinfest fan for a long time..

Read it every day.. religiously, almost..

(Even though, yes, I'm decades older than you, being as I'm pushing 50 this year..)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit