How do you respond to: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one?"

by darthfader 27 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

I get this statement all the time from my JW family. That this system is in Satan's control. Or that "this or that" is put here to test our faith. "Blinded the eyes/minds of the unbeleivers".

How do you logically rebut statements like these? I want to build "seeds of doubt" and not hit them with a 2x4...

Darth Fader

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I say that Bush was voted out of office...

Sorry, small joke....

This is to program you to see all the non JW world as evil, thats all. One of the first things you learn about "the world" is that it isn't nearly as evil as you heard it was.

• Think About It
    Think About It

That's an easy one......if they don't already know about the WTS's relationship with the UN, then lay a trap and lead them right into in.

Use your theocratic training man!

Think About It

• darthfader
    darthfader

TAI... "Use your theocratic training man!" LOL! Ive been trying to get rid of that for a while.. It's like trying to outrun my own sweat...

Darth Fader

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    How do you logically rebut statements like these?

There's no logic available for paranoid pessimists, my friend. Lead loved family members by the hand to a beautiful sunset and a pessimist may tell you that the orange and pink colors come from the dirt particles in the air; the paranoid will tell you that it's an attempt to get them to "love this system of things".

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Quillsky... yep, those pretty colors are definately the work of Satan! (channeling the curch lady here)..

• Gayle
    Gayle

I would hope to remember, and say, "But it's in God's hands. I'm not afraid or worried about it, are you?"

Their purpose is only to scare you and I won't let them do that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just start talking about the Invisible Pink Unicorn and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• agonus
    agonus

Try:

"Indeed it is. That is why I put faith in Christ and His heavenly kingdom rather than an earthly organization."

See how that flies.

• booby
    booby

If you take any group, town, city, country etc. and examine it, them, you will find the majority of individuals living life in a way that at different levels gets them from one day to the next. Some are so far and above the average witness, others on the same level, etc. The point is that there is no conspiracy on the part of any part of the world against the witnesses. By far the majority don't know who they really are and further don't care.

the truth is that the main ones of the world that have feelings about they are those that have been hurt by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit