I Attended a Christian Convention last weekend

by Prisca 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Prisca.
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences. Glad you had a memorable time. After all those meetings at the kingdom hall,(which are as dry as a popcorn fart)one notices a big difference in both the teaching and enthusiasm at other religious gatherings.
    Thanks again, Dino

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Great post, my lady!
    Rex

• JeffT
    JeffT

Going somewhere else is indeed an eye opener. My wife and I have been attending an independent Christian church ever since we got. Early on we went to a retreat for married couples and had a wonderful time. About three years ago I spent a weekend at a men's retreat and it was very much like what you described.

My wife has been going to the women't retreat every year for ten years and won't miss it for anything. All of these events are open to anybody who wants to show up. The most interesting thing is realizing that you don't have to believe every single word that gets said, in fact I've heard speakers contradict each other, then tell us we have to decide what to think! Boy I'd like to see that at the KH.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It was my second visit to a conference like that. Even now, although I have been out for a couple of years now, it still hits me how much I was lied to by the WTS. The Christians at this convention were lovely, lovely people. I met several couples and families that weekend, and I can tell you they are as spiritual and God-loving as you could ever meet.

I still can't get over how much we were lied to for all that time!

• Perry
    Perry

Prisca,

I experienced the same thing when I went to a convention of 30,000 in San Antonio last year. Everyone was happy to be there. The quality of the programs were outstanding and it was so encouraging to see so many families together.

The singing, activities for yougsters, hip music for teenagers, and general love I experienced drove home to me what a complete crock we were all served about Christendom being a harlot.

Seing how the convention was structured with something for everyone, together with just plain biblical encouragement, made me stare aimlessly in stark amazement remembering how I sat through so many witness conventions listening to braggarts who took self glorification to heights probably never even imagined by the NT writers.

If I live a million years I will never forget the tragedy turning my mind over to mere men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit