Your MIND is a vast INTERPRETIVE machine: want proof?

by Terry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Only great minds can read this This is weird, but
    interesting!
    fi yuo cna
    raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe
    out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht
    I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
    at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod
    are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit
    pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
    wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It IS a little freaky how easily that can be read.

• Terry
    Terry

Now that you've actually read the above---what lesson can we learn?

Try this.

Our brain WANTS to INTERPRET.

We can look at nonsense (those letters don't "really" spell actual words, now do they?) and make sense out the chaos.

Why?

We BELIEVE there is content to had.

Once we start with the premise that there is SOMETHING WORTH FINDING we click on our interpretive function and get a result.

This is happening all the time to us.

Religion starts with the same premise. There is something worth finding.

So.......we interpret and................we find.

Food for thought.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yrou'e cirentlay rhigt!

Svilya

• cofty
    cofty

That was fascinating and a good analogy. I actually found the faster I scanned the words the easier it was to read

• nelly136
    nelly136

i ayawls kenw i was sgtarne. and puy i had no pblreom rdaenig taht ehtier. my selplnig msut be ralely carp

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOl at Nelly.

Sylvia

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Very good.

The words make sense because although the order of the letters in each word have been changed, the words are still recognisable to anyone who reads English.

If they were written in Russian they would only mean something to someone who reads Russian.

This is because language is a human invention - so is God and religion. So theism only makes sense to someone who has been programmed to understand its language.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's a good enough analogy, but I wouldn't try to stretch it too far.

The words aren't really nonsense, they are simply misspellings with the first letter in the correct position, the correct letters jumbled. They form coherent sentences.

I do think this is an appropriate analogy, but just that, an analogy - very different brain phenomenon is at work I suspect. (although it would be interesting to study the two groups as to how they think on religion etc - if it is true that only "55% of people can read this" - which I suspect is untrue)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Will someone post that actually could not read this?

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit