God is editor of the WT

by Earnest 49 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Is Jehovah God still editing the WT magazine these days?

BADBOY OF THE WANT TO KNOW CLASS

• Terry
    Terry

I hate to be dense, but, can somebody please tell me the difference between:

BEING GUIDED BY

BEING INSPIRED BY

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In what way do those two differ? How does one distinguish?

Let me demonstrate why I'm having a problem with this hair-splitting.

1.The Governing Body has made it clear that the Bible is written for THEM alone and not for non-anointed.

2.Non-anointed are compelled to listen to the interpretations given by the Governing Body.

3.The Governing Body reads scripture and it "speaks" to them. They authorize articles to be written. These articles are spiritual FOOD at the proper time.

4.The non-anointed read the articles and obey admonitions because it is as though God is speaking to them.

If you agree with all four of the above premises, then please explain to me how I'm wrong if I state:

1.Watchtower Society writings REPLACE the Bible as a more state-of-the-art form of God's word; in effect, doing away with the Bible by encapsulating it.

2.God's speaking through the pages of Watchtower writings is speaking in a MORE PERFECT way to the those who listen (by reading Watchtower interpretations) than he was through the pages of scripture.

3.Whereas Jesus is God's mediator between himself and man; the Governing Body is the mediator between the entire government of God and the readers of the Watchtower.

If the Governing Body has not neatly REPLACED GOD by this arrangement, I will eat a bug.

Where do I err in the above?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think you mean the anointed because the GB is just 10 men and I doubt they think God went through all that trouble just for them.

Terry thats because you dont understand born again christian theology. They believe the holy spirit risides in them and talks, guides or directs them personally. Trinitarian unitarian the only difference is one level of buracracy. If you believe the bible then every writing by a born again christian is inspired by God. You see how this belief boards on lunacy and falacy. In the real world what the bible says is not true in unless you use the "no true" falacy to support it. Every one thinking they are going to heaven is not dialed into God.

The other sheep are just heretics. According to the bible they could not understand the bible themselves. The only thing oddly that theFDS has done different than the chruches is made a para-christian religion for people christ does not want therefore they are attempting to save souls by proxy. When the catholics figured this out they made purgatory. When JWs figured this they made a new order. Now keep in mind this is not describing real observable life. Just what many christians believe and how JWism fits in traditional theology.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Earnest !!a question if you please?When you go to your meetings at the Kingdom

Hall do they KNOw you are on this thread??????/ I feel so sorry for you.... I know you are in good standing- & trying to support the WT. But surely you KNOw they WILL catch you in the end!!! or are you the one that reports to "MOTHER"

Sorry to be so direct- But honesty is the best policy!!!!!

• Pole
    Pole

Terry,

Where do I err in the above?

I'm sorry to hijack this thread by compiling all the crap that I'm pasting below, but I want to illustrate how the WTS can answer any doubts, even if they are formulated as clearly and precisely as it was done by Terry. They can do it by applying Goethes rule:

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."

All you need to do to answer Terry's questions is produce enough crap to tire the WT reader. After a 45 minute exposure to "the gospel of gobbedly-gook" (Undaunted Danny's Phrase) any faithful WatchTowerarian with heavy emotional investment will feel appeased.

A possible answer from the WTS writing Department:

Is the Governing Body the mediator between the entire government of God and the readers of the Watchtower? What is the Biblical Answer?

Terry the Apostate, Texas, USA

Dear Ex-Brother Terry,

As you know, Satan the Great Philosopher by sly deception induced the first human pair to try to exalt themselves as gods, but the result they experienced was a fall into sin and death, and with them in their plunge into delinquency they took the entire human race.

However, Jehovah arranged a heavenly reward for a privileged group, whom he will use in realizing his original purposes. Together with their Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, they constitute the kingdom for which Jesus taught his followers to pray. They comprise the ?seed of Abraham? for the blessing of ?all nations of the earth.??Genesis 22:18; Galatians 3:29.

An interesting question is posed in the book of Job: ?Who has cleft a channel for the torrents of rain, and a way for the thunderbolt???Job 38:25. This is a description of the o perations of conveying physical waters from their heavenly vaults in the skies for distribution to needy sections of the land being by means of a set channel. Similar principles are found to exist as to the conveyance of spiritual waters of truth to men.

Scientific Evidence

Jehovah God?s throne is the absolute center of the boundless universe as to its creative existence, operations and interests. This throne is not at the astral center of the great galaxy of numberless galaxies of stars or island universes that now exist within or beyond the range of man?s visual powers. But it is at the creative center where God of necessity is the very foundation of all his works. All creation revolves around him as its source, which makes God the Living Center. The centripetal force of this vast system of animate and inanimate things is inward toward him. All is inseparably united to Him. We need only mention by way of illustration our planetary system wherein the individual planets revolve in established relationship around our sun as the center. Then the minutest illustration would be that of the structure of the atom where tiny electrons revolve in paths around their proton nucleus, or center. The nuclear design of operations around fixed centers is universal.?Ps. 93:2; 36:9.

Biblical Evidence

In accordance with the scientific evidence provided by SOME (*** w55 5/15 p. 303), the Bible also assures us that Jehovah God serves as the magnetic center of a vast society of heavenly living creatures who find a non-ending delight in being in family relationship with him as their Father and Life-giver. To sustain this family relationship God maintains a constant flow of communication from himself. All these faithful heavenly residents are ministers, ministering spirit creatures, worshiping God out of genuine love and free will. (Heb. 1:14) The Bible describes them as forming a happy royal-court organization comprising millions of angelic ministers placed in ranks and divisions, all functioning with high purpose around the Central Personage, the royal Ancient of Days, Jehovah God.?Dan. 7:9, 10; 1 Cor. 14:33.

Jehovah's Unique Channel of Communication

Because the Bible describes Jehovah as "the God of Loving Kindness and Gentle Communication" (NWT) it is reasonable to assume that t he Word (now Jesus) has had the longest experience of any in receiving the orders of Jehovah and putting them into effect. In his long ancient career of communication he has had a flawless reputation of faithfully transmitting every order of God, never varying it with his own view or originating his own orders contrary to God?s wishes (John 7:16-18; 14:10). This is the first section of Jehovah's Divine Channel of Communication.

However we should not overlook the earthly end of the amazing communication line. Which of the hundreds of sects and denominations of those who claim to be Christian is Jehovah?s spokesman today in the earth as his divinely appointed and organized channel of communication? The twelve biblical requirements help us identify it in our modern times:

First, the congregation of Christ of the twentieth century must know what the name of its God is as revealed by Jesus to his early disciples and must become witnesses of this majestic name even as were the prophets of old, Jesus and the first-century Christians. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses and their companions today have a rich understanding of the divine name JEHOVAH and accordingly are endeavoring to live up to this name as His witnesses.?Isa. 43:12; John 17:6, 11, 26; Acts 15:14.

Second, the congregation of Christ started by Jesus as the channel is made up of all anointed ones who are spirit-begotten with a hope of ruling with Christ in heaven and whose number is set at 144,000. Which group of Christians in the earth today gives evidence of being the remnant of this nineteen-hundred-years-old richly matured congregation of Christ in its works and beliefs? Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses.?1 John 2:27; Rev. 14:1.

Third, the congregation of Christ must be marked distinctly by being persecuted among the nations for her integrity to Biblical principles and for her uncompromising virgin purity to Christ Jesus as the King of the new world. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses and their companions have such a distinguishing mark by being persecuted the world over.?Matt. 24:9.

Fourth, the congregation of Christ must accept all the progressive revelations of the one true religion as contained in the Hebrew Scriptures channeled through all the prophets of old down to John the Baptist and in the Greek Scriptures channeled through Christ Jesus and his disciples. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses and their companions, the ?other sheep,? do.?2 Pet. 3:15, 16; Rev. 22:18, 19; John 10:16.

Fifth, the congregation of Christ must realize it went through a scattering period leading to a ?Babylonish? spiritual captivity, from which there must have been a regathering of ?his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.? Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses who have been regathered since 1919 from all nations, languages and former religious associations realize this.?Matt. 24:31, NW; Rev. 18:4.

Sixth, the congregation of Christ must keep spiritually awake for the return of her Lord Jesus Christ and, when he comes invisibly with attention to this earth?s affairs, she must accept him and receive the joy and delight of the King?s presence as Ruler. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses have been spiritually awake to realize this great event of Christ?s enthronement in heaven in 1914.?Matt. 24:3, 42-44; 25:1-23.

Seventh, the congregation of Christ after the return of her Lord must, as the ?house of God,? receive her judgment when Jehovah?s messenger comes to the temple for judgment, and this prior to the rest of the world. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses experienced this judgment cleansing when the ?messenger? came to his temple in 1918.?1 Pet. 4:17; Mal. 3:1-3.

Eighth, the congregation of Christ, when cleansed, must have received the commendation of her Lord by being designated the ?faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time.? Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses have realized this office since 1919, since when they have made a supreme effort to channel forth clean spiritual food to all those in association with them as Christ?s ?domestics.??Matt. 24:45-47, NW.

Ninth, the congregation of Christ must receive in the last days the special commission that ?this good news of the kingdom? must be ?preached in all the inhabited earth for the purpose of a witness to all the nations, and then the accomplished end will come.? Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses together with their companions have published information concerning the establishment of Christ?s kingdom in 1914, which publication has now reached into 160 lands of earth.?Matt. 24:14, NW.

Tenth, the congregation of Christ must today follow its first-century pattern by receiving progressive understandings of Bible prophecies which unfold further majestic purposes of the Living God and which new light of truth must be published impartially the world over by God?s prophetlike organization. Only the remnant of Jehovah?s anointed witnesses and their companions ?do not treat prophesyings with contempt? but publish their fulfillments as they become clear, in their Bible publications.?1 Thess. 5:20; Rev. 11:3, 4, NW.

Eleventh, the congregation of Christ must realize a change in her work from that of gathering the ?little flock? for heavenly privileges to that of gathering out the ?other sheep? to become prospective Kingdom subjects to live happily forever on a paradise earth that is destined to continue unendingly in fulfillment of the great Abrahamic promise. Only the anointed remnant have experienced this since the years 1932 and 1935.?Gen. 22:18; Luke 12:32; John 10:16; Matt. 25:31-33.

Twelfth, the congregation of Christ must realize the certain time when Jehovah ?plants the new heavens and lays the foundation of the new earth? as part of his permanent New World system of things. Only Jehovah?s witnesses realize this and have come to know that since 1919 a New World society is developing to expand to fill the whole earth in righteousness.?Isa. 51:16; 65:17; 2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1.

WANT MORE?

How You Can Respect and Help Sustain Jehovah's Channel of Communication

The faithful steward class, represented by the Governing Body, has a God-given responsibility to manage properly not only its spiritual ?talents, but material ones too!? (Matt. 25:15) In harmony with ?the faithful steward?s? example, individual branch corporations make every effort to use all financial contributions in a responsible manner, to further Kingdom interests. All such donations are made on trust, and ?the faithful steward, the discreet one? is responsible to ensure that they are used for the purpose intended and that they are handled wisely, economically, and to good effect.

Your donations are thus very welcome.

Your Ex-Brothers
  • mouthy
    mouthy
    bttp
  • Terry
    Terry

QUOTE:"I think you mean the anointed because the GB is just 10 men and I doubt they think God went through all that trouble just for them."

Me:

Oh. I thought that only a select few of the anointed were used to "feed" the other anointed.

So we have: The Bible written for the select few "Faithful and Discreet Slave" who then feed the "domestics" who are the non-select anointed.

After them we have a great crowd who have to nibble the crumbs that fall to the floor off the table of the anointed.

There are so many dividing lines according to Watchtowerdumb that I really can't keep up.

As far as not understand Christian Thought. That is true. If God speaks to each individual Christian by means of his Spirit I can't help but wonder why the results of that "speaking" ends up self-contradictory.

Why does God have to use the Domino theory of transmitting His divine instructions?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    Oh. I thought that only a select few of the anointed were used to "feed" the other anointed.

So we have: The Bible written for the select few "Faithful and Discreet Slave" who then feed the "domestics" who are the non-select anointed.

After them we have a great crowd who have to nibble the crumbs that fall to the floor off the table of the anointed.

There are so many dividing lines according to Watchtowerdumb that I really can't keep up.

As far as not understand Christian Thought. That is true. If God speaks to each individual Christian by means of his Spirit I can't help but wonder why the results of that "speaking" ends up self-contradictory.

Why does God have to use the Domino theory of transmitting His divine instructions?

I dont know, but he put it in the bible that way.

(1 Corinthians 11:3) 3 But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.

(Galatians 3:19) 19Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the seed should arrive to whom the promise had been made; and it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator.

Yes I think it is a silly belief too but people honest to God believe it. And technically a domestic is a single anointed person.

Theologically the GB says they are "responsible" for everyone (Christians as a whole I assume) and they "use" and "guide" the "legal entities".

Actually the problem is they are supposed to be like the apostles selected by Jesus (I think the concept is that Jesus speaks throught you and true whatevers know it is really his words). How do you know if they are selected by Jesus or not they have never printed that information. The problem is if jesus is using them then things are as they should be or Jesus is incompetant or ineffective for allowing them to continue.

I think the "real" problem is that christianity is a cult. Forget about high control group, or freedom of this or that these people in effect should believe they talk for God. Yet they all disagree and have always disagreed. Some of their biggest disagreements are recorded in bible cannon. So either God is baiting the devil in a giant misinformation campaign and the christians won't tell us, the devil is running his own counter misinformation engine, it is just abunch of people that need attention and like playing with our lives, or any combination there of.

God religion sucks. If you believe the bible all this stuff makes sense and you are basically a drone with no choice in anything. If you dont believe then all this theology looks like a man made method to make a second form of meta physical government (chain of command) that does physical labor.

• garybuss
    garybuss

XQ, You have the ability to say in a short paragraph what it takes me volumes to write. You are right on as usual. The Watchtower magazine says the Witnesses are saved by association and by how they treat Christ's brothers. Christ's brothers now are mostly sisters who are represented solely by the Governing Body. They have no voice of their own and their salvation is based solely on their submission to the directions of the book publishing corporation.

The reason there are young members of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class is that more then a few members of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class have not been faithful OR discreet when being faithful AND discreet is the ONLY identifying mark of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class.

That leaves us with the thought that the only claim to being of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class, is the claim of being faithful and discreet and often in the past the claim has proved to be just that . . . a claim. The name of the game is the claim.

Witnesses who make the claim but who are not employed full time by the publishing corporation NEVER have access to the resources of the corporation and never have access to positions of prestige and power within the corporation. I may be wrong but I have never seen the exception.

The Witness people are of the unsaved, untested, unproved class. The unsaved in Biblical lore could be proved in their natural lifetime but the unworthy Witness class will need 1,000 years. It's all easy to believe if you believe snakes can talk and all the animals of the world can fit in a homemade wooden boat.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Gary I have heard of JW fables of cults or tribes (usually in some far off imaginary country) that upon meeting JWs are instantly converted because their doctrine was etheir indenticle or they only needed one piece of acurate knowelege imparted by these JWs. Which could be an example of a faithful slave thingy (one inspired person apart from the collective that generates the same food for the sheep ).

The problem is this if small group of people did not concede to the JW missionaries there is no doubt in my mind that they would be considered some type of christiandom or have some trumped up stigma. Once I told my grandfather about how the amish are like JWs. His rebutal is that "he'll molest a 12 year old girl and call her his wife." Now in amish theology yes you can do that (they believe God arranges marriages in heaven), but i doubt it is common today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit