Today's groundless speculation thread - so why would a German copilot deliberately fly an airplane into a mountain?

by sir82 21 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    To go down in history, do something great or be notorious. He chose the latter.
  • prologos
    prologos
    doofdaddy? down in history, for landing in France? that was taken by Lindbergh, in 1927 solo landing at Orly, and walking away.
  • flipper
    flipper
    SIR 82- My wife and I discussed this today. Either the pilot in the cockpit suffered a heart attack or some other disabling physical impairment where he was unconscious and could not let the other pilot back into the cockpit in time - or - he purposely had some other agenda where he was either mentally off , not letting the other pilot back in the cockpit or he was associated with a terrorist group committing the ultimate sacrificial crime . Had to be one of those occurrences I would suspect
  • 88JM
    88JM

Either the pilot in the cockpit suffered a heart attack or some other disabling physical impairment where he was unconscious and could not let the other pilot back into the cockpit...

That can be ruled out in this case - the cockpit door is designed to open with a keypad from the outside after 30 seconds, unless someone inside the cockpit actively switches the automatic opening off within that time. Unconscious people don't push switches.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROIH3KCEIvs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    He wasn't impaired. He was breathing normally right up until the end. Also, Airbus have all sorts of safety devices in their aircraft to supposedly prevent pilots from making drastic mistakes. The normal rate of descent for an Airbus coming into land is around 1500 feet of drop per minute. This plane was descending at over 3000 feet per minute, which is the maximum descent rate the onboard computer would allow. So he took his time and calmly waited. There would have been loud audible warnings of "Terrain, terrain" well before impact.
  • jhine
    jhine

I have just bought a newspaper and the latest theory is that the co- pilot had been jilted and that there was some tension between him and the pilot .

Jan

• Louise
    Louise
    Serious Depression?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Heard last night pilot had left the cockpit and was then locked out. Maybe this co-pilot was a JW and thought he could more people into paradise his way then going door to door.
  • prologos
    prologos
    The responsible pilot had a doctor's sick leave note, that he tore up and went to work anyway. was hiding depression condition from his employer.
  • jhine
    jhine

i know that in this country (GB) a doctor must tell the DVLA- body responsible for driving licenses etc- if a patient is unfit to drive . I know this because my friend's consultant informed DVLA about his dizzy spells and his license is revoked , at least for now .

My point is surely a doctor should report to an airline if a patient is not fit physically or emotionally to fly a plane ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit