did the watchtower turn you dislexic?!!

by xbro 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• xbro
    xbro

did any other English jw's struggle at school with their spellings? reading AMERICAN ENGLISH all the time in the mags and stuff realy got me spelling the american way and so my schooling suffered,sometimes whole words didnt exist in the queens english!

i guess you american xjw's wont quite understand!lol

• cantleave
    cantleave

It used to annoy me that the WT would use American spellings. Color instead of colour etc. I was never confused by the WT though, I would have struggled with spelling without the WTR's help since I am really dyslexic!

• wobble
    wobble

Is an Insomniac/Agnostic/Dyslexic a person who lies in bed at night wondering if there really is a Dog ?

Love

Wobble

• Think About It
    Think About It

Is an Insomniac/Agnostic/Dyslexic a person who lies in bed at night wondering if there really is a Dog ?

Very clever.

Think About It

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I used to be dyslexic but I think I'm ko now.

• spawn
    spawn

Not that I know of but I have joined DNA (National Association of Dyslexics)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, they sort of tried, dear xbro (may you have peace!).

I mean, they would use words that, for the life of me, I knew meant one thing... as another. Oh, and they certainly didn't encourage one to have a brain. An "A" student in home schooling was worthy of life in... well, close to heaven (the "new system"). "A's" in regular school meant you were cohorting with the "world." Go to college? Know how to spell? Read a verse and then go, "Hey, it doesn't say that!"? Heck, READ?? Oh, no. AND be a WOMAN?!!!????? What, you don't know how to sew long skirts for your daughter, but you've read Socrates???!!!!

Oh, no... no place in the WTBTS for the smart, relatively educated, well-read, well-versed... or basically anyone who can do math past the 4th grade or read past 5th grade level.

I ask all of you here: ARE you smarter than a 5th grader? Most JWs would have to answer, "No, certainly not!" And for once, they'd be telling the truth!

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who, as a descendant of African slaves, knows very well that keeping people illiterate is simply a means to control them. I mean, how CAN all scripture BE "beneficial" if you can't even read 'em... or understand 'em when you do? THINK about it, dear ones!! (And sorry, TAI, but that came in handy - my apologies for the "infringment"!)

• journey-on
    journey-on
    SA, who, as a descendant of African slaves, knows very well that keeping people illiterate is simply a means to control them.

Amen, Shelby. Also, keeping people dependent on government is another means to control them. People need to wake up before it's too late!

Regarding the topic, I have known many very intelligent JWs, but they were encouraged to quash it or use it narrowly. Also, the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is an American printing corporation, so naturally it uses American english. They just expected the rest of you to "get over it and deal with it".

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

It reminds me of the time a mate & I walked into a bra.............

Mattieu

• dissed
    dissed

The WT, the pure language of truth...........with an American accent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit