I saw some jws in the ministry today

by doublelife 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelife
    doublelife

I was leaving for lunch break from an acting workshop I took today. About three blocks down I saw a jw sister standing by her van. At first at thought maybe she's not a jw. When I came back from lunch she was joined by two other sisters and a brother and I knew this time that they were witnesses. Apparently, someone left the keys in the van. It looked like they were trying to get the keys out themselves instead of calling a locksmith. The brother was on top of the van trying to stick something in the window. This is the first time I've seen jws in the ministry since I've stopped going. I now realize how weird they look to non-jws. And to think that used to be me. I didn't go up to them though. I didn't want anyone to see me and then the subject of jws would come up.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Next time you can offer to smash the car window with a rock! That's what I would do.

• doublelife
    doublelife

lol.

• xbro
    xbro

or a catapult!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Doublelife

I hope you washed your hands afterwards!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I now realize how weird they look to non-jws. And to think that used to be me.

yep...I know that feeling.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I seldom see the witlesses out in field circus these days (thankfully). I remember the last time the witlesses were out--plodding up to a door at a slow speed (good thing I was moving at a pretty high speed, so they did not see me). I did some errands (banking), and on the way back those same witlesses were at another door--again, they did not get a good look my way.

What I was thinking was what a stupid waste of time this has to be. I agree that I was doing the same thing years ago--that's how I know what a waste of time it really is.

• Think About It
    Think About It

FS has to be much different than 15 yrs ago. With both parents working and kids in school you got a very high percentage of n-a-h's. Probably more so now. The JW reputation has taken a big hit from the internet. Big waste of time and personal resources.

Think About It

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You could offer them comforting words, "That van will be destroyed at Armageddon anyway!"

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I can't remember the last time I saw jw's in the ministry. It has to be more then 10

years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit