Elton John declared that Jesus was gay.

by Gerard 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gerard
    Gerard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8523538.stm

Sir Elton John says Jesus was super-intelligent gay man

Sir Elton John has claimed Jesus was a "super-intelligent gay man" in an interview with a US magazine.

The singer also told Parade Jesus was "compassionate", forgiving and "understood human problems".

A spokesman for the Church of England said: "Sir Elton's reflection that Jesus calls us all to love and forgive is one shared by all Christians."

"But insights into aspects of the historic person of Jesus are perhaps best left to the academics," he added.

Sir Elton said in the interview: "On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving.

"I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East - you're as good as dead," he added.

In the interview, the singer also said he did not like being a celebrity any more because "fame attracts lunatics".

"Princess Diana, Gianni Versace, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, all dead. Two of them shot outside their houses. None of this would have happened if they hadn't been famous. I never had a bodyguard, ever, until Gianni died," he said.

The full interview will be published on Parade's website on Friday.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Didn't Elton John deny he was gay for quite a while?

Not that it ever fooled anybody - of course.

• undercover
    undercover

Levon wears his war wound like a crown
    He calls his child Jesus
    `Cause he likes the name
    And he sends him to the finest school in town

Levon sells cartoon balloons in town
    His family business thrives
    Jesus blows up balloons all day
    Sits on the porch swing watching them fly

And Jesus, he wants to go to Venus
    Leaving Levon far behind
    Take a balloon and go sailing
    While Levon, Levon slowly dies

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I suppose it will come up that Jesus allegedly never married and hung out with 12 men, that Martha and Mary were perfectly comfortable having him in their home without getting a reputation.

I find that Jesus is whatever the worshippers want him to be. It's no surprise as it has always been that way. Maybe it should be that way. Maybe Jesus was "created" to be what men needed him to be.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Gay or not, none of Jesus's pop songs hit the top 10

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks for posting Gerard. I found the article interesting.

Sir Elton says he is disillusioned with fame Anyhow, strange response from the Church Of England "But insights into aspects of the historic person of Jesus are perhaps best left to the academics," he added. I guess they wanted to side step John's claim of Jesus being homosexual. Blessings, Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It

Didn't Elton John deny he was gay for quite a while?

Not that it ever fooled anybody - of course.

He was big time when he came out. When the gay rumors started it was denied, because it was very different then. The girls were crushed when it finally was revealed to be true.

Think About It

• snowbird
    snowbird

*bump*

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

This Jesus guy, he just transcends barriers, doesn't he?

White:

Black:

Asian.

Indian.

Native American.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower Jesus is evidently light in the loafers.

rub a dub

It should be easy to disprove that Jesus was gay, using the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit