The WHO at the Super Bowl!

by lepermessiah 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I was having a conversation with a younger guy at work - he barely knew who the WHO was......

He was telling me that he recognized the songs but thought they sounded pretty rough.

I told him that I wish he could have seen them even 10 years ago - I saw them live in 2000 and Roger still sounded awesome, and Pete was still.....Pete!

The real big loss was losing THE OX - John Entwistle was SO important to that band. He was AMAZING live......

Moon was a huge loss, but after JE passed, I really wish they would have stopped performing live as the Who.

Here is an awesome taste of him in action.......RIP OX...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVl39LBZGMw

And the performance that stole the show at the Concert for NYC post 9/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_uDDEnzC4

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Living in the Past - Jethro Tull?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I thought it was an amazing show. Of course, I'm an old man at heart.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I should have pointed out that I did enjoy the show at the Super Bowl .....

They still sound good - I just wish some of the younger people I was talking with could have seen them in earlier years when they really blew you away with their performances.

I hope I look and sound as good as Roger and Pete when I am creeping toward 70!!

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

The who rock!

I have an uncle who vaguely remembers them playing at Warwick university in the early 70s! This fact alone is amazing as he openly admits he remembers very little of the late 60's and 70's.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

At least Daltry got the scream at the end alright. That would have been unforgivable to mess up.

Also, it would have set CSI back years....

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I hooked to TV up to the stereo, and cranked it up to Who-worthy levels (nobody else at home, so I could do that). It was a great show, but just isn't the same without Keith Moon and John Entwhistle. The only real downside was having to fit the show into halftime, that short set seemed like just an appetizer!

GLT

• beksbks
    beksbks

I got to see them in San Francisco on a "Farewell Tour" in the '80's. They were great.

• freydo
    freydo

Now that they're going to be playing the Super Bowl in NY in 2014 the half itme might be a little different. Actually this stupendous event, and all of sport for that matter, has gotten so completely senseless, I'm wondering to what assinine depths it's liable to go in the future. One of the ideas that has great possibility is teams being named after corporations that own them rather than geographical locales, so like the rest of their business, these fine companies can take their teams wherever they want to take advantage of tax breaks. i've been thinking about things like the McDonalds Cowboys vs Haliburton Raiders playing in the 2020 Super Bowl say in Hong Kong. Whatdaya think? This way the fans can cheer for their favorite corporation and wear all those logos. Think of the advertising potential. And this could be New World Order Football League. Maybe the WTBT$ could olwn a team.

• freydo
    freydo

Oh come on...doesn't anybody here have a sense of humor.

Can't you just see the Citibank Lions vs WTBT$ Saints in Super Bowl LX in Bagdad?

(With 25 million fans wearing a wtbt$ logo there it would be a lot easier to go door to door

- and think of all the unworked territory in the Middle East )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit