A little jab to those who have not mastered English

by donny 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• donny
    donny

I respect those who come here from abroad (legally) but I can't help being amused at some of the things that are uttered from their mouths. I live in a area where a good portion of my neighbors are of Mexican American descent. Yesterday a neighbor 2 doors down was yelling at her son to quit teasing their German Shepherd. She was yelling "Give Lobo his boner back! He wants his boner! Did you hear me? Don't make me come and get the boner from your hands or you'll be in big trouble mister. Now give him the boner!"

I was bent over in laughter at this event. I did feel a little guilty about enjoying it so much, but it was funny! Have any of you experienced any such enjoyment at the expense of those who have not quite mastered the English language?

Donny

• ataloa
    ataloa

lol!

I'm just surprised she was yelling in English.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You suck - well I love being sucked

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

American English - not English English, or Australian English or Canadian English

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I am almost 44 years old, lived in the US all my life, and still haven't mastered english yet.

• donny
    donny

I'm just surprised she was yelling in English

I think it was because her son was better versed in English.

Donny

• Farkel
    Farkel

: She was yelling "Give Lobo his boner back! He wants his boner! Did you hear me? Don't make me come and get the boner from your hands or you'll be in big trouble mister. Now give him the boner!"

All she did was make an English boner.

Farkel

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Well how about when someone makes fun of the people who have not mastered American English yet and writes:

I live in a area

Or how about when someone who was born in Mexico corrects the grammar of a someone who was born in the USA?

where a good portion of my neighbors are of Mexican American descent

and are you are talking about Mexican Americans (Americans of Mexican descent)?. Because if they of Mexican American descent most likely they will speak the language that is spoken in their neighborhood.

I think you mean of Mexican descent or maybe born in Mexico. Those whose first language is Spanish.

I respect those who come here from abroad (legally) but I can't help being amused at some of the things that are uttered from their mouths.

And what about the ones who come from abroad illegally? Do they amuse you too? How about the ones from American descent that can't speak good American English either? Do the things that come from their mouth entertain you?

Throw a jab but keep your guard up..

Just some thoughts from a "mojado" from the south :-)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Awww ... lighten up, CyberJesus.

Donny is a great guy!

Try to get to know posters a little better, will ya?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Have any of you experienced any such enjoyment at the expense of those who have not quite mastered the English language?

I grew up speaking Spanglish. Not the Mexican version though, Miami Spanglish. There are different Spanglishes, and yeah, Newyorican and Mexican Spanglish sounds a little funny to my ears too.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit