In This Issue: 'Meat in Due Season'--Do We Eat It Gratefully?

by sd-7 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have given up eating this spiritual monosodium glutamate. Rather, I feel it is beneficial to think for oneself--and dangerous to blindly follow any authority. Thinking for oneself helps us to actually solve problems--teamwork, so long as the Establishment is not coercing anyone or the team, could even help farther, but it is the independent thinking that actually creates the solutions. And, blindly following authority could allow them to scam or fleece you. Plus, it holds society back--preventing innovations that could solve our problems.

Wasn't the First Dark Ages a product of mass-submissiveness to the Establishment?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"As men appointed by holy spirit and by the Governing Body itself, we would do well to submit to their direction--even if it seems that they do not particularly appear qualified to direct us. "

Perhaps this is the "holy spirit" that is directing the GB.

Prior to the creation of the Order of the Holy Spirit in 1578 by Henri III, the senior order of chivalry in France had been the Order of Saint Michael. This order had originally been created to rival the BurgundianOrder of the Golden Fleece, and to help ensure that leading French nobles remained loyal to the Crown. Its membership was initially restricted to a small number of powerful princes and nobles, but this increased dramatically due to the pressures of the Wars of Religion:

Henry founded the Order of the Holy Spirit December 31, 1578- thereby creating a two-tier system: the new order would be reserved for princes and powerful nobles whilst the old Order of Saint Michael would be given to less eminent servants of the Crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Holy_Spirit

• goldensky
    goldensky

Amazing as usual, sd-7...

• sd-7
    sd-7

Back to the top. Ah, another classic. How I rejoice at pondering the many refinements that The Beast-Tower has gone through! Such meditation fills me with hope that the light will surely only get brighter in the days ahead.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit