Looking for Another Scripture in NWT. . This Time About Saying Gossip is Bad

by Ilovebirthdays 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

How I wish that my husband hadn't thrown away my Bible. Anyway, does anybody have a quick scripture I can use to ask someone who has said they are a JW, but have a screen name of Gossip Monger why they feel that would be an appropriate screen name for a JW?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cuz they're telling everyone who they really are and proud of it? Maybe it's a very appropriate screen name. Reminds me of good advice: When someone tells you who they really are, believe them.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Okay, well that doesn't scripturally help me, but it did give me a big smile.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

1 Tim 5:11-15

11 As for younger widows, do not put them on such a list. For when their sensual desires overcome their dedication to Christ, they want to marry. 12 Thus they bring judgment on themselves, because they have broken their first pledge. 13 Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to. 14 So I counsel younger widows to marry, to have children, to manage their homes and to give the enemy no opportunity for slander. 15 Some have in fact already turned away to follow Satan.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Bingo! Thanks

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Mrs. Jones, I just wanted to tell you I loved your quote so much, I co-opted it and didn't give you credit. I didn't give me credit, either, but I wasn't going to say, hey this person from an "Apostate" website said. . . because I figured they'd stop reading right there.

• spawn
    spawn

Lets face it if it wasn't for good Gossip nobody would talk to each other at the KH, and all they do between doors is catch up on who's doing what with who.

Gossip Monger is a good name for any sister at the KH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit