W.O.T. (Web of Trust) RED tagged on this site???

by Gayle 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is also noted as such on a google search is done on "Jehovah's Witnesses."

It is coded with a RED dot on google search. This is a tag indicating the site is "untrustworty." How did this happen? I went on to show disagreement of such a notation. Have any of you seen this? There shows a number of 22 people with this criticism.

Can you check this W.O.T. out?

• aniron
    aniron

No red dot on my Google search.

Though they gave one to www.jwmatch.com

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hmmm .... which browser are you using -- Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc? Are your security settings higher than normal?

I've tried both my Firefox and IE browsers and have notice no red dot on the search results.

Len

• Gayle
    Gayle

sorry, I am not very technically literate,,I have IE,, check here on google site and see you have the "red dot" noted there,,then click on that to bring you to "W.O.T"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=jehovah-witness.net&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&rlz=1R2GCNV_en

• yesidid
    yesidid

No red dot for me. In fact it has a Norton tick saying "no threats".

y

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I tried a search and opened your link.

Neither had a red dot.

It seems someone has added the WoT program onto your computer http://www.mywot.com/

Seems it works on IE, Firefox and Google Chrome.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just checked with my husband, and Lady Lee you are exactly right, my husband downloaded W.O.T. Says, "Web of Trust is a community-powered safe surfing tool for your browser that warns you about risky sites that can't be trusted. Keep your computer secure from phishing, online fraud, spyware, and spam." So how many people are getting this program, I don't know.

But, this site (JWN) is given an alert (with a red dot). Randy's site is given an yellow dot. JWfacts.com is given a red dot. Most sites are given the green dot. The official Watchtower.org is given a green dot (ironically). AWJRB is given a red dot.

Now, I just worry people who have the W.O.T. may get fearful to check this site and with the WTS already creating so much fear in them, I'm concerned searching JWs may just not check this wonderful site.

Can Simon check with W.O.T and clear this up with them?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It could be the ads that are put here (by Google )

Hmm it could be that we have an "adult" section that often discusses sexuality

But yes I agree Simon should look into it

• Simon
    Simon

It's community powered ... what does that tell you? It tells me that the type of internet-is-evil scaredey-cat people who install apps like that (JWS !!!) will be hammering on the "evil button" as fast as their little fingers can.

It's the reason community powered trust systems invariably fail.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It's community powered .....Simon

LOL!!..

JWN is being Voted on..By people afraid of JWN..(Like JW`s)..

The Watchtower Site gets a Green dot..(SAFE!.....Jehovah loves the WBT$..)..

JWN get a Red dot..(Danger!..... Da Debil lives here!..)..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit