Raed Lawrence Hughes' side of his case against the Watchtower Society

by Out at Last! 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

http://christianwitnesses.com/id55.html

He needs to raise money now for court costs, the fight is far from over. When on the site, page down to the yellow background.

• besty
    besty

not sure if this is the same info but this is new as well

http://freeminds.org/news/watchtower-news/watchtower-wrongful-death-suite-update.html

• Scully
    Scully

Well, as far as the Supreme Court of Canada is concerned, they don't want to touch his case with a barge pole.

Mr Hughes can do what he feels he needs to do to resolve his grief and anger, but to continue coming here (or sending people here on his behalf) requesting financial support is not what this forum is for.

That has been the position regarding ALL solicitations for money for more than the past two years. JWN is not the place to make these requests for funding.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think the fact that the guy needs money is relevant to any discussion of the case. If that can't be mentioned, even in passing, then what are we saying about the topic as a group?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Scully, did you read the link?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mad & Out, I don't understand what you mean?

The op doesn't seem to me to be "mentioning it in passing"--the money angle seems to be the entire purpose of the thread, according to the op.

What does "did you read the link" mean? I read it and, when comparing it to Scully's post, I don't see any discrepancy.

The Hughes case is a very horrible thing indeed, and if you check my posts over the years, you will see I have a lot of sympathy about it and have been extremely supportive of seeking justice for Bethany and all of us harmed as kids by the wts medical lies. I bent over backwards to help Lawrence.

But be aware there is a good reason for jwn's ban on pleas for money--in this case in particular--I'll leave it at that. If you want to discuss that there are many forums you can do so...no one's stopping you from doing that if you want to.

• Scully
    Scully

Out at Last

Yes, I did read the OP's link. I don't claim to have any expertise in oncology (and never have made any claims of that nature) but having dealt with Mr. Hughes in the past, although I am sympathetic to his loss and grief, I personally don't feel comfortable supporting his crusade. There are hard feelings toward him on my part that I will not discuss here. There are other parts of the story, some of which are archived here if you care to do some digging, that will reveal other legitimate reasons why people distance themselves from Mr Hughes' crusade against the WTS.

My point, as a moderator of this forum, is that we have a policy of not promoting fundraising activities, regardless of the "cause". Mr Hughes is surely aware of that policy, contained in the link that I posted above. He's come here often with his hat in his hand and after some negative experiences with fundraising overall, it was decided that JWN should not be a platform for fundraising. People can certainly find other forums to do this, but it won't be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit