I turn on the news to see Sarah Palin taking on the Family Guy writer

by dinah 60 Replies latest jw friends

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

CRR-

I believe you have a misunderstanding of logical fallacies. If I had said YOU were a retard, then you could validly say that I was using an ad hominem attack. Do you see the difference? My understanding is that I can't be guilty of using logical fallacies on someone that I am not arguing with. I called HER a retard.

If I recall, you suffer from some type of (developmental) disability, so I can understand why you are upset. Sarah Palin isn't very smart. I'd challenge he to an I.Q. contest any day.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"Of course, we have already discussed how Palin is proabably a genius of Titanic proportions."

Yeah, she's so stupid, I mean, her campaign is based on vague, well worded feel good promises. She sounds as though she would make a great cell phone saleswoman!

There's a difference between "Funny" and "stupid". "Stupid" stops making you laugh when you become an adult and escape your social bubble. "Funny" makes fun of ridiculous and antisocial ideas that will never work in the real world. Seth McFarlane (Not Green, sorry) has never lived his life beyond his East Coast blueblood limousine liberal world. His humor only appeals to the lowest common denominator who who have never been outside of their limousine liberal social bubbles, much like Saturday Night Live. (Remember when they mocked Palin for saying she could see Russia from Alaska?)

But I do agree though, she needs to stop attacking those cartoons. They appeal to the politically ignorant and will only make her seem petty. Everybody knows that Family Guy is a Simpsons ripoff anyway. Foamy is funny though.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's clear to me that funny is in the eye of the beholder. When something is funny, I laugh.

If something makes one person laugh, its a joke.

If you get a bunch of people laugh for 30 minutes, its a hit comedy.

Say what you will, Family Guy is a hit comedy, thus, it is funny. Not to all, but to a good amount of people.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Does it matter that the person doing the voice of the down syndrome character has down syndrome in real life? Does it matter that she a bright lady who happens to work at a law firm? She thought the episode was hilarious which was why she agreed to do the role. BTW, she's not a Sarah Palin fan.

Also, I don't watch a lot TV but Family Guy is stupid funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

shopaholic-

I have asked myself that. I don't know that it makes it okay...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Did the bolded words below actually get uttered in real life?

http://palingates.blogspot.com/...

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is the Family Guy clip:

http://videos.mediaite.com/video/FOXs-Family-Guy-Mocks-Sarah-Pal

It's pretty obvious it was mocking Palin's Down Syndrome child.

What would you think if it was your child? How would you respond?

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    South Park, Penn and Teller and Mike Judge are leagues funnier than anything Seth Green can do.

Don't forget The Simpsons.

http://www.yikers.com/video_south_park_makes_fun_of_family_guy.html

http://lemonzoo.com/funny_videos/15684/South_Park___How_Family_Guy_is_made.html

• shamus100
    shamus100
    Family Guy needs some ex-JW characters. I nominate shamus100 and beksbks.

We can be an odd couple; I'll be gay, and you can be my fag hag.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    What would you think if it was your child? How would you respond?

Parents of children who are developmentally delayed, who want what is best for that child, must focus on the needs of the child very intensively, providing support and presence. I have worked with this population and have been struck by the difference between involved parents and uninvolved. It is not easy. Parents must make a choice to either put their limited time and energy and other resources into the child or elsewhere. Collecting slights can be a full-time job. Loving parents make the sacrifice to invest in the child.

If it were my child? I'd spend time with him and let the world to go to hell. Including silly cartoons. This woman will fight endless, pointless battles at the expense of her child because she'd rather do that than be with him.

Presuming it not about presidential power (which she will never attain), it is about amassing wealth. Millions have made the same choice, for less return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit