"Fancy Dress" and large social gatherings are banned in our Halls! Why?

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Well, to me, the "leaders" of the Jehovah's Witnesses seem very negative, pessimistic, and distrustful of the "rank and file". They are like very overly strict parents. The slide show is beautiful and shows young people having clean, wholesome enjoyment! The WTBTS needs to loosen up and let young people be young people - - needs to let people be people, period. They are being silly about social gatherings! They are repressing the congregations with far fetched restrictions and rules. Yes, they need to lighten up!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Fancy Dress" and large social gatherings are banned in our Halls! Why?

Because people refuse to delete those assholes from their lives, that's why!

This brings up another idea. Instead of writing a DA letter, why not "Delete" them just like they delete elders?

"Dear Cult Assholes,

"I hereby delete you from my life. From this moment forward, get and stay stay the fuck out of it or there will be dire consequences."

'Signed"

Farkel

• Stickybeak1
    Stickybeak1

Because everyone's supposed to be mindless robots instead of living, breathing human beings with joy and happiness inside of them. We had 'gatherings' (not called parties) but were supposed to be very mindful of how we danced and what we drank and what we talked about. Some were fun; some weren't. There was one 'sister' who always made an effort to make things fun for us teenagers. She knew how to give some great parties and was always a great host. The elders finally got after her and she gave up, but not before she ( I heard) gave them a good dressing down. She left the dubs and I don't blame her. She did nothing wrong...M- - - i, if you're reading this, thank you for all you did for us. We thought you were absolutely wonderful and you made our lives a little less boring.

I also remember another JW party that was a costume party, and one kid was made up in blackface and dressed like Aunt Jemima. Talk about your nice Christian hypocrite(s)...

• dandingus
    dandingus

I grew up in a congregation in Maryland that used to rent out the local fire hall once a year and have a huge dance party. The entire congregation would go and even people from other halls would show up. We had a DJ with lights, punch, games, all sorts of things. Every elder was there too with their families. It was a really nice time and everyone enjoyed it. Of course, as so many others have stated about their parties and get togethers, they don't do it anymore. What do they expect young people to do? You think they're truly that clueless so as to think that people can be as boring as they try to make them without running for the hills? Sure seems like it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

There was an older JW women that used to give larged theme parties at my old hall. They were very well attended and she even gave out prizes for the best costumes. They were actually a lot of fun. Then a few new elders moved in and it ended. They got whiff that the theme for that year was bible characters. They strongly encouraged her to cancel it out of fear that women may come as Jezebel or the loose women of Cannon and it may be more than some of the men in attendance could handle. She never gave another event.

Our area used to do big balls and galas but all of that stopped years ago because supposedly of the amount of money people were spending on their dresses. It did not show a balance in all things because folks were missing service to get their hair and nails done, renting limos....the works. Way too "worldly" for the org.

Now the trend is to have formal wedding anniversary parties and years of service celebrations. I hear about one every few months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit