Sisters told they strictly can't wear slacks to Meetings to keep them submissive! Why?

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see whoever wrote up this rule and insists on strictly enforcing it forced to stay in a room where the temperature is -50 o dresses as the "sisters" are supposed to be dressed. No protection from about 2" below the knees, no high boots, having a fan to blow cold air up the skirt, having to work all the time, and see how long they can tolerate those conditions before realizing it is just too much to ask. If they still do not want to change, they should be forced to work in a skirt that is just below the knees with frigid temperatures and a stiff breeze going, all the time. And I do not want to hear about cross-dressing: This is about teaching them a lesson, not starting a new fashion.

Even in more moderate weather, pants should be acceptable. If you live where bugs are a common nuisance, pants offer more protection than a skirt. Mosquito bites are more common when "sisters" have most of their legs exposed (to a mosquito, the skirt is no barrier). And, wait until a bee gets under a skirt. This is far less likely to happen if pants are worn. Additionally, pants offer a measure of protection against brush, dirt, and other nuisances that could irritate someone.

Now, the same could be said during hot weather about men in suits. In places where the sweat box is mandatory at all times, going out in field circus when it is 100 o and muggy is miserable. Even in more moderate weather, different people have different tolerances for heat and cold. The important thing should be to not get so hot that one sweats--and becomes stinky in the process. This also happens when "sisters" wear nylon stockings in summer--while they might not stink, they become miserably sticky when it is hot and muggy.

All this is to hide whatever assets the "sisters" have. A fat "sister" looks as appealing as one that is fit and young when they are forced to dress this way, which is not very. Yet, the "brothers" have to visit households where worldly people (who are probably dressed more attractively) live. They then denounce close association with worldly people, leaving them stuck with these fat-looking "sisters" that might not even be fat in the first place. All to prevent people from being sexually attracted to each other when it is appropriate.

I bet they would have a cow if a "sister" were to show up at the Kingdumb Hell dressed in a L.L.Bean outfit with attractive pants. There would also be a nice ladies' shirt, and good ladies' shoes (no high heels, for comfort). Or, if I were to show up dressed in jeans and a presentable shirt and shoes that were from L.L.Beans and designed for casual-business attire (which would be of very high quality, so they would not be able to tell me that it is not in good enough condition). It would be much more comfortable in hot or cold weather--imagine if people could dress according to the actual weather and conditions. They could stay in field circus that much longer or with fewerwarm-up or cool-down breaks (plus impress the householders more with reasonableness). And, they could dress themselves to be as attractive as possible instead of looking frumpy and fat despite being fit and young.

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

In Norway the sisters can wear trousers/pants since the weather over there frequently goes below -15 celcius. But in Mexico where the temperature goes 45-50 degrees celcius and there is no air conditioning the brothers must make sure they have suits and top button of shirt done up and also a tie... It was hell on earth sitting through two hours of oppressive heat argh............It's so funny how there are multiple standards in this unified religion....

• freddo
    freddo

Nice catch bluesbrother! I'm gonna have fun with that next time it snows! Good God! When I look back at the seventies when I came in I realise what a controlling bunch of idiots they are becoming!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a crazy rule.

Bangalore

• mP
    mP

bring back the burqa i say, women in non arabic countries have it too easy and all beome harlots. jehovah is punishing his witnesses for their soft stance on skirts and burqas.

• serein
    serein

In the time that i attended the jw religion it was like a fashion parade most of the time.

sisters trying to outdress the next one,

i felt sorry for the poor sisters, as i was one also, as somtimes i felt totaly underdressed and even more poor,especialy in the congregation i was in,

i just wanted to wear a pair of jeans, its so stupid

does it realy matter,

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I remember one time I injured my foot and couldn't wear my dress shoes, so wore slippers to the meeting. They weren't obvious, fluffy-bunny slippers (though now I wish they were!), they were like a moccasin type of slipper. I explained to an elder why I was wearing them, but the next week this very same elder gave a talk on local needs about dress and grooming and how we should ALWAYS dress appropriately for the meetings.... and he specifically mentioned not wearing slippers as this would not bring honor to Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit