Well..

by FreudianSlip 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

You can only expect from people what they are able to give.

Sorry your father cannot give you more.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

jdhf-

I know. I'm just in a mood . I received a call from an elder in my hometown a few days ago telling me my parents are "concerned" about me. And yet, I haven't heard from my mother in months and my father in years. I was content with the distance, but giving my number to this random elder annoyed me. So, when I called my mother to ask what she's concerned about, my father, who's in the background never even asked to speak to me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Maybe you should ask to speak to him. Pride is a funny thing, you know. Could it be that he's thinking "she hasn't talked to me in all these years, and she knows I'm concerned about her. She calls the house and talks and knows I'm here but doesn't even ask to speak to me."

Possibly?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Freudian Slip.........are you taking Thread starting lessons from John Doe?

Think About It

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Tell your father you are concerned that he is concerned about you and even though he is concerned he cant talk to you and has to tell an elder to tell you. Ask him if you have done anything so big to him that he is not able to call his own daughter and has to use intermediaries. You are REALLY worried about it :-) Turn the tortillas up side down.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Robdar-

I know, but some people don't give what they have the capabilities to give.

JD-

It's not a pride thing, it's a reciprocity thing. I made efforts for years, why should it remain on me? I understand I can't force him to love me, but I can still be hurt/disappointed that he might not.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It's not a pride thing, it's a reciprocity thing.

I'm talking about his pride.

I made efforts for years, why should it remain on me?

The answer to that depends upon what you want to accomplish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit