Was the policy change to equate DA to DF because of Ray?

by teel 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I had no idea this policy was ever different. I came to the org in 1991. I've read some of Crisis but not all of it yet. I think I agree with the above poster, this is the moment when this became a cult. When they took away the freedom to leave.

NC

• Alfred
    Alfred

NewChapter... Excellent point... I guess it could be said that the Watchtower "officially" became a CULT in 1981... Hopefully Dogpatch will chime in with his perspective on this...

• Alfred
    Alfred

NewChapter... Excellent point... I guess it could be said that the Watchtower "officially" became a CULT in 1981... Hopefully Dogpatch will chime in with his perspective on this...

• Diest
    Diest

I thnk they sent him 10k as a way of keeping people from saying they were heartless....and because he had a breach of contract suit with whole taping.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

INteresting how this was set into motion. From what I remember, an equally strong change made about smoking was introduced via a WT. I think they gave people more than a few days after the article was "studied" to start DF-ing people for smoking. So I would say that the change and how all the parties were treated, was specifically designed for Ray and his removal from the congregation

• sd-7
    sd-7

I don't believe in coincidence when it comes to the Governing Body's m.o. This was clearly a calculated plot to railroad Ray Franz and silence him, but it also served the purpose of eliminating anyone who sympathized with him or did similar research/actual Bible reading independent of WT books. They just don't write stuff like that for the heck of it. It was with specific purpose in mind, that purpose being control.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit