Please Suggest An Answer to This Conversation Stopper

by maputo95 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

You guys are all missing how easy this is!

: The Bible forbids "taking in" blood

No it doesn't. No one can present ANY scripture that uses the expression "taking in" blood.

Demand that you be shown where in the Bible it specifically uses the expression "taking in" blood.

"Eating blood?" Yes, but that is only one kind of "taking in(to" the body something. If taking blood into the body is so horrible that people by the thousands must die for lack of it or Jehovah will let them rot for eternity then:

Why were Israelites who ate the flesh of unbled animals only punished by being "unclean" for a single day? That's in the Bible, you know.

Farkel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Like all JW arguments, they have a structure. Use their structure and destroy their argument.

The JW accepts the Bible as their authority

Just respond: I'm sorry. I believe the Bible and Jesus declared that nothing which "goes into the mouth defiles a person" (Matt. 15:10): He didn't say except blood. He said nothing. And he was was raised in the Jewish culture and knew the old law concerning blood.

That's a start.

• maputo95
    maputo95

Hi Chris, (Black Sheep)

My JW friend responded to my request for biblical evidence that God chose the Watchtower in 1919 to be the sole mouthpiece for "Jehovah" on earth with this flight of imagination:

IN 1919, THE “2 DEAD WITNESSES WERE BROUGHT TO LIFE” (SYMBOLICALLY) AND STOOD UP AGAIN TO START THE WORLDWIDE PREACHING WORK AFTER BEING INACTIVE (IMPORISONED,ETC IN WW1)

THESE WERE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE CLASS WHO WERE GIVEN THE COMMAND TO AWAKEN AND RE-START THE BOLD WORLDWIDE PREACHING WORK - AS PROPHESIED IN REVELATION…

1919 WAS ALSO THE BEGINNING OF A TOTAL CLEAN- BREAK FROM CHRISTENDOM AND HER BABYLONISH TEACHINGS AND DOCTRINES

Plesae comment on this proof he submits as evidence he is right and everybody else is wrong.

Thank you.

Ken.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Have a beer and forget about it. They're braindead and brainwashed, two of the best qualities to believe in alternate realities.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s not a conversation stopper..

It`s a request for you to stop thinking..

STOP THINKING!!..

He wants an exercise in Repeating WBT$ BullShit..

Get in your Cage..

Have a Cracker and start talking..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• nugget
    nugget

I appreciate the clarity of the response but really it is disingenuous. The Society does not abstain from blood in that we eat meat. We also can take blood factors providing our consciences are not bothered. We can recycle our own blood through the use of cell savers. This issue is not as cut and dried as the statement indicates. As the society is constantly revising what abstention from blood really means then it is fair that this topic is open for debate and analysis.

• Farkel
    Farkel

"1919 WAS ALSO THE BEGINNING OF A TOTAL CLEAN- BREAK FROM CHRISTENDOM AND HER BABYLONISH TEACHINGS AND DOCTRINES

You mean like when they continued celebrating the pagan Christmas Holiday, using the Cross on the Watchtower magazine, celebrating birthdays, calling the Great Pyramid "God's monument in stone" and buying War Bonds? Stuff like that?

Why don't you ask your friend EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID in the year 1919 that proves they broke away so clean from Christendom's Babylonish teachings and doctrines that pleased God enough to choose them at THAT date to be His sole spokesman? Have your friend name specific things, not just talk in generalities. What doctrines did the Bible Students change and what teachings did the Bible Students change IN 1919 that made that year so special?

Even if it was just "a beginning of a clean-break," there must be some proof that they did something to demonstrate that break? If so, what was it?

Farkel

• villabolo
    villabolo

Maputo95: Don't bother with Biblical counterarguments or attempts at exposing their chain of logic. Remind the JW of the fact that his organization used to forbid all blood period. I even remember that they once said that not even a single drop of blood was allowed. Then ask them why they are allowing so called "minor components" and remind them of the fact that this is a Watchtower term which is not Biblically supported.

You should find the reference to their mention of "one drop of blood" (sorry, I have no reference but it must have been around the 1970's) and emphasize that they allow a whole bag of so called minor components which are, in any case processed from whole blood which is furthermore supposed to be poured to the ground.

I also suggest getting their own booklet, Blood, Medicine, and the Law of God, published in 1961. It has the older simpler teaching. It's currently available from http://www.biblio.com/ or check out http://www.oldlighthousebooks.com/ ($2-$8). Remember, use their conflicting literature against itself.

villabolo

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes, abstain from blood PERIOD...not even parts (fractions) of it!

Quit EQUIVOCATING by saying its OK to take blood if you cut it up in little parts. Taking fractions of heroin isn't OK.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath

Matt 12:9 Then Jesus went over to their synagogue, 10 where he noticed a man with a deformed hand. The Pharisees asked Jesus, “Does the law permit a person to work by healing on the Sabbath?” (They were hoping he would say yes, so they could bring charges against him.)

11 And he answered, “If you had a sheep that fell into a well on the Sabbath, wouldn’t you work to pull it out? Of course you would. 12 And how much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Yes, the law permits a person to do good on the Sabbath.”

If it was ok for Jesus to heal on the Sabbath (working on Sabbath was punishable by death), then why is it not ok to use blood to heal a person?

Is it not absurd to allow a life to end in order to preserve the symbol for life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit