Why would he care?

by brainwashed-from-birth 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nelly136
    nelly136

depends if it was real beer or someone got cut short on the way home from the pub.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My advice is that some very powerful emotional tools that we humans need have been hijacked by organized religion.

Faith, hope, and love.

Is it easy to seperate from organized religion these 3 important traits that make up such a big part of the human experience? No. But these 3 things are not the exclusive provence of religion.

The important thing to realize is that you can have your own personal version and definition of "spirituality" without god or religion being shoved down your throat.

• nugget
    nugget

What prayer is good at it formalising the problem, I always found that prayer helped me to clarify what it was that caused me concern and made me start thinking about what I could do about it. The WTS tells you repeatedly that you have to work in line with your prayers and God would then bless your efforts. Whether there is a God or not you actually have the power to do alot for yourself it is often a case of making a plan.

You don't need to pray to get the God effect. Clarify the problem and establish what you have the power to do about it yourself then do it. If it is beyond your scope then a good counsellor can help you deal with the issues in a practical and supportive way.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

depends if it was real beer or someone got cut short on the way home from the pub.

It`s real beer alright..

Why would God hide them behind a milk carton?..

Why only 2?..Why not a 6 pak?

I`m not complaining..Just asking..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

if youve got a big pile of problems sometimes you just dont know where to start to make it better, sometimes dealing with something little off the top makes the pile a touch shorter and gives you the boost you need to be able to take on the next bit. if you set yourself one of the big bits and fail then it just damages your confidence to deal with the rest.

• nelly136
    nelly136

and yup i think youre right about the block, the longer you sit round waiting for god to deal with your problems and resenting it for ignoring you you could have started on the pile instead of it growing while you wait just a bit longer for a magic fix.

• glenster
    glenster

If the faith has meaning to you, you might use such prayer to help strengthen
    your resolve to handle the problem, among other ways to handle whatever it is.
    If you don't have such faith, use those other ways. I haven't seen any divine
    interventions by God to make someone's missing limb appear or to cut one off.
    Common human selfishness is unfortunately all-too appropriately named, but
    sometimes you can trust people not to be that way and they even help. Good luck
    solving the problems, whether you have faith or not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iAZl-pO-l4

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Look...John Denver had a heart to heart in his bathroom with God (who by the way is the spitting image of my grandfather..both of them dead now) and God didnt save HIS ass when his plane went down. No respect I tell ya.

I have come to the conclusion that there is a Designer. He Designed...then he moved on. I dont think he stuck around to listen to all of us whining and deciding who should win the Superbowl. I dont think he heals this one and lets that one die. I dont think he rewards this one with a mysterious check for the EXACT amount of their mortgage and then hits Haiti with a devastating earthquake because some of them practice Voodoo.

And yes I think praying is like meditation, it slows your heart rate and calms you down and lets you vent and thats all very positive but if you then sit on your log and dont do anything to help yourself you will make your situation worse and blame God for not answering you.

You can pray to your cat. He will appear to be listening. But mostly like the Elders he is thinking about other things and feigning interest in your welfare. But you will feel better afterwards. Until he wakes you at 3am by sitting on your head until you get up and feed him.

• zoiks
    zoiks

BFB, I'm really sorry you're going through some hard times. It is really scary trying to face things for the first time without your "magic amulet" of prayer and the belief that god will take care of everything. I agree with Nugget - prayer would always help me to sort out the issues. Sort of a mental sifting and appraising the situation. Faith is a really really big thing to lose.

Is there any way for you to go into more detail regarding your recent problems? Perhaps someone here can give some advice.

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

I totally agree with you brainwashedfrombirth, its all crap , prayer was just a form of meditation and self psyke up .... OK here's the reality check you may need.

ITS IN YOUR RIGHT AND LEFT HAND TO MAKE WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF ANY SITUATION THAT COMES UP IN LIFE.......

NOBODY TO BLAME OR MAKE AN EXCUSE OF EITHER BEING NOT SPIRITUAL ENOUGH OR LACKING THE HOLY SPIRIT......

THAT IS PRETTY SCARY FOR MOST WHO ARE IN THE BORG....

ARMAGEDDON? WHO WOULD WANT TO SERVE A GOD WHO WOULD ACTUALLY KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE? OR SERVE A GOD THAT HAS ALLOWED CHILD MOLESTERS TO WANDER FREELY AMONGST ITS THRONGS..... NOT ME!

ITS ALL UP TO US INDIVIDUALLY TO MAKE DECISIONS SOME RIGHT SOME WRONG AND TO ACCEPT THE CONSEQUENCES SOME NOT EVEN IN OUR CONTROL THAT MAY EFFECT US IN A POSITIVE OR SOMETIMES NEGATIVE WAY.

WORK AT REMAINING HEALTHY, HANDLING YOUR STRESS THROUGH EXCERCISE OR SOME FORM OF MEDITATION

AND

NEVER FORGET TO THANK YOUR PARENTS FOR CONDITIONING YOU AND MANIPULATING YOU WITH GUILT...... THANKS MOM AND DAD! PARENTS WHO ACTUALLY SOLD US DOWN THE RIVER AND WORRIED ABOUT WHAT BORG BROTHER AND SISTER THOUGHT EVEN MORE THAN THEIR OWN KIDS!

GIVE YOURSELF A HUGE SLAP ON THE BACK FOR HAVING THE INTELLIGENCE AND WHEREWITHALL TO GET OUT .....THAT IS A FRICKIN MIRACLE

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN LIFE...... TAKE A DEEP BREATH..........RELAX ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN A LIFE OF MANIPULATION AND CONTROL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit