Olympic Torch Failure A Blessing!

by leec 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

ATJ,

You are officially disfellowshipped from the cult of shamus. Hand in your keys, try to forget that the code for the burglar alarm at my kingdumb hall is 1914, and go find your own damned church.

Hmmm... I have no more followers...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Serves them right. That was a bizarre opening ceremony. Maybe it didn't help that I was watching it inside a bar and steadily getting more and more buzzed...but it was too weird for me. Apparently Batman rowed a canoe to the moon???

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I would not have liked to been high and watched the cermonies live.

Talk about freaking out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I view the torch failure as a sign that quality control left something to be desired, carelessness, or possibly simple bad luck. You run a torch through heavy rain or very high winds (in the West Coast, they get a lot of that this time of year), it could well go out. You drop the torch, it could go out or even break. The fuel is not securely connected, it could go out and even blow up. If a valve is poorly made or fitted, or clogs, the torch could go out. And none of these are a sign that there is inherently something wrong with the Olympics.

As stated before, I used to view the Olympics as a form of warfare. Instead of going out and killing the opponents, the people would simply run their event or play their sport and the winning party would take the victory for their country. Which did not settle anything, as wars are supposed to--it is only a way for the nations to have a little fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit