JW responses on Facebook rules from CO

by purplesofa 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Here is what is ironic to me:
    Facebook and other social networking sites could be the tool to huge growth for the WT, if they were not so focused on the outdated mode of preaching to promote growth. It is so ineffective that there have been recent talks about the real reason for preaching, to prove we love Jehovah, or some such blather.
    It DOESN'T work. People are turned off by it, but the WTcannot see it as only a tool for growth; it is their identity. Their grip on this old method for growth is preventing their growth, among other things.
    Other groups grow by ATTRACTION, by having a group that is happy and well adjusted. Lots of people are looking for a religion. No matter what the WT says, selecting a religion, let's say a church instead or community because I think that is how people look at the choice, it really is just like different car brands or toothpaste; people check them out and make a choice. I don't think that most people are looking for TRUTH, just a place they feel comfortable and maybe a charitable cause.
    Facebook could be the best showcase for a large group of essentially decent people. BUT lleadership is so INEPT that they can't see this is a tool that would showcase them if they could ever get their act together.
    I don't like the social climate of the JW's any longer, but compared to LEADERSHIP the rank and file are genius. The top layers of the WT are the worst in any religion over a million members. They should be fired, or resign; that is how badly they have done their job.

Kudos for this observation. If they really wanted to open the floodgates to new members, they'd try to use any form out there. It's funny how they put so much in the house-to-house method because that's what they claim was done in the past, but if Paul were alive today, wouldn't he use the internet? Or TV? Or radio? Preaching in the synagogues was the best thing he could do to reach a lot of people at once. But instead they stifle growth in order to control the message.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It goes back to the "tapping" ritual used by secret societies, where guests are personally selected to be invited to the hall.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

one day the gb will wake up in the morning looking for their breakfast and slippers and discover that the servants have fled.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Nancy Drew, that's an awesome post!

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit