Are people getting Brainier?

by sleepy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

IMHO, the only thing that will keep people from becoming JWs, even for a short while is not IQ or intellegence since there are many intelligent people in the org... I know a person who helped, while he was in the army, in the space program get us to the moon the first time. He retired from the army and became a JW.

What causes the Influx into the organization, is a moment of weakness in a person because of maybe death or illness or bad luck then the witness knocks on the door and maybe the person had uttered a "Oh please god help me."

Then they are persuaded that God directed the JWs to their door, more important is reasoning power, you can be smart as hell but if you can't use critical thinking abilities and reasoning they will get you every time....

• ISP
    ISP

My little girl is 7. She knows her tables upto 12! I am pleased with her but there are plenty others in her class that are doing well! I am impressed with their abilities etc.

ISP

• SYN
    SYN

First you have to consider what you're talking about: intelligence versus knowledge. IMHO, intelligence is the *ability* to *gain* knowledge, while knowledge is just a bunch of facts connected and gathered by *intelligence*. Inteligence is your neurons. Knowledge is the impulses which travel along them. Personality is the standing 4 dimensional holographic wave formed by the quantum interaction of the electrons in those waves. Soul is another thing entirely...but I won't go into that, I refuse to spark a flame war...let's just say that the soul is something nobody can define, which rides above the sea of choas at the base of reality. Or maybe it doesn't. I don't know - you tell me! :)

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• hippikon
    hippikon

I read somewhere that average brain size since Cro-magnon man has increased by 100,000 brain cells every generation. Just goes to show - big brains are sexy. (If you beleive evolution)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

geez you might have a sexy brain hippikon but I love SYN's post:

:::First you have to consider what you're talking about: intelligence versus knowledge. IMHO, intelligence is the *ability* to *gain* knowledge, while knowledge is just a bunch of facts connected and gathered by *intelligence*. Inteligence is your neurons. Knowledge is the impulses which travel along them. Personality is the standing 4 dimensional holographic wave formed by the quantum interaction of the electrons in those waves. Soul is another thing entirely...but I won't go into that, I refuse to spark a flame war...let's just say that the soul is something nobody can define, which rides above the sea of choas at the base of reality. Or maybe it doesn't. I don't know - you tell me! :):::

unreal SYN, thanks, unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit