watchtower site on Facebook, ,,is this stuff for real ?

by lancelink 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink
    i was looking over the watchtower site on facebook this evening, and was just mesmerized by many of the posts.

This stuff can't be real (can it)? Nelson Birdwell ? Come On !

It's like something out of Mad magazine, or better yet the Onion !

Nelson Birdwell Over a foot of snow and near white out conditions! Jehovah is a wonderful God to provide us heat and shelter from this weather.

Wed at 11:35am · Report

Hilary And-Aaron Gilbert Jehovah provided the near white out conditions, or, by passively allowing them, provided them. Men build shelters from the cold and artificial heat. Wed at 4:39pm · Report Jerie Elliott I agree br. Birdwell! Wed at 4:52pm · Report Paul Halouska Well the weather here in Europe is really crazy ... I think Armageddon must come very soon!
    Paul Wed at 5:57pm · Report Shawn Colton Have you supported your local homeless shelter? It would be good to ask the congregation to help with food and clothes to provide for those in need. Yesterday at 5:36am · Report Nelson Birdwell The brothers and sisters in our local congregation have done ministry and placed several sets of magazines at the local shelter. They were well received by several of the homeless community. Yesterday at 9:17am · Report Shawn Colton That's a good thing, Nelson. The information within our Watchtower and Awake magazines will help keep them well fed with spiritual food and warm with the news of the New System. What else could one need? Yesterday at 9:42am · Report Nelson Birdwell I know from personal experience that waiters and waitresses really appreciate when I leave literature instead of cash for a tip. Its the spiritual food that can feed their children. Yesterday at 1:27pm · Report Shawn Colton It's the deep appreciation we have for our ministry to share our publications to those who can benefit. One of the articles in an AWAKE magazine touched on the importance of grooming your pets. It warms my heart to share these insightful articles with the homeless and needy. It is better than money! Yesterday at 1:33pm · Report Beth Shan Brother Birdwell Great Minds Think Alike! I also use literature in lieu of a tip for waitresses and waiters, have you ever tried cutting out coupons and using them as bookmarks strategically placed in The Watchtower and Awake! left as tips? For example, if I notice the waiter smells of nicotine, I might use a coupon for nicorette gum and bookmark ... See More an article from The Awake -The Bibles Viewpoint on Smoking.
    I can tell from watching the expression of their face there are many of these food industry people who are receptive to the Spiritual Gifts we provide them with! What a wonderful oppourtunity this is to pass on the Good News of Everlasting Life! Great Work Brother Birdwell! Yesterday at 1:50pm · Report Nelson Birdwell That is a wonderful idea. I always try to strike a conversation with the waitstaff to determine what magazines would be best to highlight. Just the other day I was having coffee on my faild service break, and this young lady waitress was telling me about her 5 children and some of the problems with affording diapers and supplies. One of her ... See More children wanted a new outfit for school, so I left her an older Awake with an article about modest dress.
    Now, if I had your idea, I could have perhaps had some coupons for diapers or formula handy. I shall do that in the future. Yesterday at 2:40pm · Report Beth Shan Thank you Brother Birdwell, if you provide me with your KH I will gladly mail you the coupons the next time my husband and I do our letter witnessing. Do you also have a need for ketchup packets? I could mail you a few extra of those as well. They also come in handy during the Field Service. If you go into Mcdonalds on your next coffee break, you ... See More can buy a cup for 25 cents. My husband grumbles about this and insists on bringing his own cup from home. Then my husband or I go into the bathroom and turn on the water until its nice and hot and fill the cup up. Then we take a ketchup package out of our pockets (usually we get extra from a kindly sister in our hall who also washes out bread bags and egg cartons for us, more about that next time) Anyways I digress. The ketchup package mixed with some salt and pepper from the condiment stand and hot water! Ta da! Instant Tomato soup, a nourishing and frugal way to enjoy the coffee break while saving more of our money to pioneer and put in the contribution box for where the need is great! Sometimes, if we are really lucky someone will leave a creamer on the table and we can make cream of tomato soup! It is amazing how Jehovah provides for us! Yesterday at 2:51pm · Report Shawn Colton When our group was on break and I left a dollar tip - one of the brothers leaned over and said, "Put that towards the Worldwide Ministry instead". I'm glad my dollar is helping to build Kingdom Halls in other countries! Yesterday at 2:53pm · Report Nelson Birdwell Beth, that is a wonderful idea, too. And, Shawn, it is so true. Whenever I have a few extra dollars I try to put in back into the ministry. Yesterday at 2:57pm · Report

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Do the words "tongue in cheek" mean anything to you?

• shamus100
    shamus100

HAHAHAHA!

No comment! Aw heck, that's the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time.

• Mythbuster
  • bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Haha, the first post seemed to sound like bona fide jw drivel, then it quickly becomes apparent that at least the 3 main posters are taking the mickey. The scary thing is though, if you go to that group on facebook and look at some of the postings from (who I believe to be) real jehooberists, you'll be struggling to tell the difference between sincere expressions and parodies....I've seen on different posts, the word 'apostate' is used in such a blaze fashion, I wonder how many jws actually know what the word means?

• hotspur
    hotspur

I believe one of them is our very own s******n who seems hell bent on infiltrating them on FB!

• sacolton
    sacolton

It is indeed. We're having a great time with this. I am "Shawn Colton".

• alanv
    alanv

Shawn after your confession I went back over your entries. This time I really laughed. You can have so much fun doing this.

• spawn
    spawn

Shawn keep it mate as I haven't laughted so much in ages,

It worries me that these people believe what they are saying.

• teel
    teel

Sacolton, do you happen to know the real identity of Nelson? He seems too over-the-top to be real. Not just from these posts, generally he seems to highlight the negative aspect of the WTS disguised in praise.

In any way, this infiltration game must be great fun keep it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit