Armageddon: Your Opinion Please

by teenyuck 14 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

If you believe armageddon is coming, a few questions:

Armageddon: What is your belief of how your life will be immediatly following armageddon? What is your belief of how your life will be within 1-5 years of armageddon?

When I ask this, I am asking of quality of life. What will you eat? What will the animals eat? Where will you live?

Please do not quote scripture or JW literature. I can get that myself. What is your firm, deeply held belief on your life after armageddon?

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

belief of nytelecom1 is as follows.

in da winter
    12 inches of snow on the east which will be greatly appreciated by my Burton Floater.
    in da summer
    5 foot swells which will be greatly appreciated by my new long board.
    no more redneck country music.
    no more fat slobs
    and all computers will be running linux cuz bill gates is an anti christ

what do you think the quality of life will be??..all the antis will be dead.....

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

What is your belief of how your life will be immediatly following armageddon?

It's going to be awesome! And I can't wait till the new scrolls are opened.

What is your belief of how your life will be within 1-5 years of armageddon?

I think the important thing is to be faithful to Jehovah and make it through.

What will you eat?

Spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, qnoqui, french fies, vegetables, fruits, rice, macaroni and cheese, pizza, onion rings, and whatever else my wife comes up with.

What will the animals eat?

Which animals? Chipmunks will eat nuts.

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Pretty much like it is now. Jeho-bah will spare Switzerland because it's a neutral country.

We'll eventually accept the Euro. Even the British will.

What will you eat?

Fondue, raclette and Lindt & Sprungli chocolate.

It's their problem, not mine.

Where will you live?

Here. Why move?

Joseph Joachim, an overly-enthusiastic pundit of borderline reality

• 607BCisAbigLIE
    607BCisAbigLIE

My belief for Armagedon is really simple:

Although in the Bibles it refers to the Almighty God's Great War, I think it refers to the victory of Good on Evil. This is not a destruction of the earth or its people on it. God is a loving God, not an avenger God. When He say He will destroy the wicked, I think that means the tendency to do evil, not the person itself. Unlike what the WT would like us to think, wars are a lot less frequent than in the past. Humanitarian actions taken in some developping countries have prooven succesfull over the past century. About a century ago, the average life expectancy in those countries was about 25 years of life span. It is now more than 50 years of life span. I agree that the difference between the richer and the poorer is increasing, but don't forget that the riches contribute a large part in the improvement of the life conditions of the poors. Cheap cost technologies is well affordable now for the poor, and it contributes to make a poor richer than it was because its life conditions are much better than before. I work in a manufactury, my salary is pretty good, I am considered a poor among the riches who are my bosses, but that doesn't make me a poor in the sense of life conditions. I can buy myself everything I want.

For someone living in developing countries, their needs are much different than ours, who live in well-idustrialized countries. They need medicine, food, clean houses for their family, hospitals, so the basic human needs that everyone in Canada or USA take for granted. Even in those countries they can now afford computers and other technologies. Ok maybe they will have a 486, with a poor connection to the WEB, but still they can connect on the Internet like everyone else. And for their basic needs, just see the improvements they got from over a century; it speaks by itself.

For the livng on a paradise earth, let me put it this way: as long as it is the Human race that have make the earth like it is today, it is the purpose of Humans to reverse that destructive way. And it has already begun; more and more now want to change things to make our mother earth a better place to live. Maybe we will at the proper time have the help of God to accomplish this, but in my thoughs God won't intervene in human things as long as we won't turn our heart toward His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Only our faith in Jesus and His sacrifice for the sin of humanity will save us, not in a hypotetic Armagedon like the one which is taught in the WT litterature. The faith in the Blood of Christ is what changes hearts for the better. It is what make us take action for the humanity cause. It should never be used to support any religion just for the sake of believing in something, even if we believe in something that is false. The only true religion is our personnal relation with Jesus Christ, and not with any religion, especially not the sectarian ones for which the only goal is making money, not your welfare.

I think that resumes my beliefs about Armagedon. Thanks for the tread

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

im sorry....i forgot to directly answer each question and i know how much the antis hate that

smoke....lots and lots of smoke

my life will be happy

When I ask this, I am asking of quality of life.

ooopss.........quality of life...compared to the quality of life
    in Central Africa or the quality of life in the great old USA...

What will you eat?
    protein/carbs/fat
    whatever Jehovah wants them to
    Where will you live?
    where the snow is deep and the waves are breakin'

• 607BCisAbigLIE
    607BCisAbigLIE

BTW, I believe that someday we will live on a paradise earth. But to say it will happen soon, let me maybe teach you something.

For the day or the month or the year, NO ONE KNOWS. Even for the apostles, they were teached by Jesus that it would come soon. But what is SOON for God? For God, a year could mean 1000, and 1000 one year. So to say it will be soon, if it take another 2000 years, it is pretty much soon compared to the eternity of God. It is why we have to be patient. Maybe we will all be dead long before that Day, but I still believe that we will resurect to live in a paradise, may it be on earth or in Heavens, only time will tell. I have a stronger belief in a Heavenly afterlife, but it is still a paradise in my beliefs, so it doesn't change anything.

How that life will be in the paradise (earthly or heavenly)? What will we eat? What the animals will eat? If it is an earthly life, we will propably eat more nourrishing food, but it will be pretty much the same as today for those who are eating well already. If it is a heavenly afterlife, which is more according to Scriptures, we will not be hungry or thirsty again. How could spiritual beings need food to maintain life?

So one way or the other, it will be a very rich and healthy eternal life.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I see that the gist of my question was lost---

If you believe as the JW's do, you believe you will be living in paradise, with animals, currently wild, domesticated. At least according to the propaganda machine of the WTBTS.

I have had an on going dialog with my mother about this. She has been a JW since 1967. She believes she will be living in paradise, with food, clothing and shelter. She even picked out the Art Institute of Chicago as her habitat.

When I pointed out that the building might not be standing afterwards, she seemed shocked. I asked where would she live? She said Jehovah would take care of her.

My point is...who/what/where will the means come from to take care of a group of people who "survive"? They are not hunter/gatherers.

Therefore, if armageddon happens, how will these people survive?

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

JEHOVAH!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

It already happened in the First Century C.E.

THIS is the real life, people.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit