The 2010 Winter Oylimpics Starts Today

by thetrueone 22 Replies latest social current

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes the 2010 Winter Olympics starts today in my home town Vancouver, opening ceremonies starts

at 6:00 pm Pacific standard time.

The city has been anticipating this day for years now and its finally happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDYes_YRfXQ

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, I am very excited!!

I was recently in Vancouver and was amazed by the new skytrain to downtown, and how the city was ready to go. I made it into the suburbs in about 45 minutes including a stop at waterfront.

Great city, great food, and a once in a lifetime opportunity for Vancouver. Can't wait!!!

• thetrueone
  • shamus100
    shamus100

True one,

The food,.... the food.... Don't ever take it for granted. Go have some good dim sung for me! You have no idea how awful the food is in the west (oilpatch food - corporate cookie-cutter shit food, i.e. Montana's, Earl's, BLEACH!!!)

• thetrueone
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Vancouver is said to have the best Oriental food in the world now since 25% of the population is from the Orient.

Afternoon Dim Sum oh yeah ...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

By the way Shamus we have those restaurants up here too and your right they are indeed ... Bleach .

But they are overwhelmed by the very good restaurants we do have here.

• shamus100
    shamus100

trueone,

I was just so amazed at the food there... here, in Alberta, it's pretty much all cookie-cutter shit food. My fav restaurant closed in Calgary, and it's hard to find good ones that nobody knows about. It seems Vancouver is innundated with them; a food orgy! You just walk down the street and get 10/10 indian food, Korean food, and the menu has barley a lick in English. I love it!

I love other cultures, their food, customs, and especially the people. I'll never understand the redneck mentality of calling east-indians 'rag heads' (the equivalent of calling a black guy a n.... you know).

Now go have some good fresh seafood, and watch the fireworks. I'll be in my snowy igloo watching the olympics on my black and white television set.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'll be in my snowy igloo watching the Olympics on my black and white television set.

In my igloo I have a 52" HD television, thats where I will be watching the events when I'm not at the

event locations, I live a couple blocks away from the OZone and Heineken House so I will be partying

over there during the games. Oh Yeah

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

one poor guy died, even before the ceremony started.

great canadian health care could not revive him

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=txluglugerdies&prov=st&type=lgns

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit