Interesting Experience -Man falls in love with "Special Pioneer" sister who studied with him.

by Witness 007 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

When I Pioneered we travelled to a small "outback" town every week...population 1,200, to assist 2 Witness families with preaching. A Special Pioneer Sister {single not that great looking 40 year old} started a study with a tough hard working Aussie bloke, but....rather then hand it over to me she continued to hold onto the study for afew months. See outback Australia is a BLOODY HOT place during the summer so it's easier to spend the afternoon under a fan having a study rather then door knocking with a Mile between houses!!!! After a time I got the study and she only attended sometimes, he seemed to lose interest as he had limited reading ability. One day he wasn't home but left a "love letter" for the Sister {someone must have wrote it for him} saying he cared for her and would marry her. The "Special" of course was horrified...and maybe alittle flattered....probably the last offer she ever got. We also studied with senile old men in the afternoon who would "nod off" while I read paragraphs...at least we were in the shade!!! Aussie pioneers were sly devils!!!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Similar to an experience in my congregation in Hobart - except it is freezing at that end of Australia.

Back in the 1980's our congregation in Hobart had one faithful 40 year old pioneer who had been the only one for many years. She started to study with a heavy drinker, heavy smoker, ex Korean war veteran. They ended up "fornicating" and then got married and she was disfellowshipped. She kept going to meetings and was re-instated but he never was baptised. She suffered a lot for her indiscretion. Many people refused to ever forgive her and there were constant talks condemning Witnesses that marry worldly people. Eventually he died of cancer and she is once again a single sister in the same congregation. I still think she would do it again though - having the experience of marriage is better than being a celibate sister.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm missing out on something here, maybe because I'm not a witness. I suppose the special pioneer sister should have never fallen for the Hobart guy. However, from the perspective of the worldly male, why not? Weren't these sisters women?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I knew a reg pio sister who married a worldly man after committing fornication with him. i think he was her bible study for a little while too. she was not D/F but lost all 'priveledges' for quite a time, and he got baptised.

one of my old girlfriends mothers did the same thing with a return visit and got D/F.

these were some 25 years ago now.

me thinks it may happen more than we think

oz

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

dgp, a Witness is to marry only "in the faith". Marrying a worldly person is not a d/f offense, by strongly discouraged as the person may be tempted to leave "the truth".

The Circuit Overseer, Br Bromich gave a talk once when the couple were at the meeting. He spoke against any Witness that "married out of the truth". He went on to say "you know your marriage partner will soon die at Armageddon. Being married to them is like dragging a log of wood around". The worldly husband took offense to this and after the meeting the elders had to step in as he seriously wanted to punch the Circuit Overseer.

• dgp
    dgp

Well, I do get it: the sister who shouldn't have fallen for the man not only fell in love with him, but also, horror of horrors, slept with him before they were married. And I understand that we must interpret this in the frame of the WTS. Agreed.

However, what I meant to say is, this is nothing but the natural love between a woman and a man. Whatever the organization says against it is unnatural. Why should it be wrong for a JW to fall for a worldly?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never saw anything wrong with fornication--especially when the couple are serious. Promiscuity can spread disease, but if a couple are serious, why not give it a trial run? And, why is it necessary to create conditions where opportunities are rare to non-existent so people can give everything to the Washtowel Slaveholdery when they die instead of children?

I would rather give my stuff to the State than to the Washtowel Slaveholdery--or some organization that is working against the Washtowel. I do not want Jehovah, or any organization that claims to represent Him, to benefit from the celibacy that He has imposed on me. Rather, I want that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag to pay a miserably high price--let alone rewarding Him.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Committing fornication", what a hilarious and dramatic description for a natural thing between a man and a woman.

• rich5678
    rich5678

I had feelings for a guy outside the organization at school. my mom knows about it. my mom questioned "what are you doing having feelings for a worldly guy?" She pretty much told me how ridiculous i was for having something i thought was natural. WTS puts out all of these regulations and expect people to follow them. No matter how hard you try, you can not follow every regulation or find something wrong with at least one of them. The governing body do not follow every rules in their doctrine. Following these rules do not make you a moral person, it makes you obedient to the society on every word...

• dozy
    dozy

These experiences are quite common. A sister who hasn't been able to marry "in the truth" due to the lack of eligible brothers finds someone on the ministry. There are a lot of lonely guys out there who never speak to women so are delighted when someone wants to talk to them and sometimes things develop. Occasionally it works - often it doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit