April KM Question Box

by JWFreak 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think it is partly motivated by the transcript of Fred Franz's (who is still idolized by many old-time Dubs) anti-Governing Body talk from the mid-1970s that is so readily available on the Internet.

It is also to protect them from accusations of changing light, as many of the best talks on tape are from the older days.

It is also another way to exercise control of Information. (The "I" in Hassan's B.I.T.E. mind-control method)

There are many reasons for not wanting transcripts and tapes of talks distributed, none of which are those in the KM.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Excuses, excuses. They just don't want people posting them online so worldly people can see how stupid the witlesses really are. Also, they do not want someone to hold onto them a few years and then realize they are contradicting themselves.

i agree with this 1000%

we "apostates" are hitting them, and they're trying to hit back. we got them scrambling............. maybe they are gonna go ballistic any moment!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

can't read 1st page either... Ya i think they need to hide the fact that if you listen to an old tape 1/2 of the info would now be considered apostate!!!

anyone think it is a bit CONTROLING!!!!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What do you mean "TIED" to the next generation? It's OVERLAP, dammit, OVERLAP, aren't you paying attention? A true Christian would only use the term "overlap". It's in the er...... Bible.

Does the word "tied" necessarily rule out the use of the word overlap? Using the example of a knot commonly known as a noose, even though the cords involved overlap, they are more commonlhy referred to as being "tied" together. So from this we can see that a reasoning person would understand that in this case, the words "tied" and "overlap" can be commonly used to mean the same thing.

• VM44
    VM44

Could this be because Gerrit Lorsch's talks (like the Hawaii Zone one) are on the internet?

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

would you care to explain "hawaii zone" to me VM44? im not familiar with this term.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Because talks are often delivered with local needs in mind, we could easily misconstrue points from a
    circulated recording, since we would not be aware of the setting in which the talk was given."

Hmm. That sounds like what "we", that is, the Society, could easily do when using the Bible. Taking scriptures out of context, like Proverbs 4:18, for example. By that same logic, we better not make copies of the Bible for people.

"In addition, it would be difficult for us to verify who gave the talk and when, so that we can have confidence that the information
    presented is up to date and accurate."

The fact that the information presented becomes outdated in the first place should tell us something. The Bible never became
    outdated--"Christ impaled" doesn't become outdated! That's why people can still use it. And why we can't use material printed
    just 10 or 20 years ago!

"Further, circulating transcripts or recordings of talks might tempt some to give or accept undue attention and honour."

Now, wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle black? The slave spends whole articles glorifying itself, so coming from them, it is
    pretty irrelevant.

Given that our message is supposed to be so wonderful that it should be preached worldwide, why is there a need to suppress the
    recording of talks given to the public, many of them coming FROM THE SOCIETY ITSELF?

Let the reader use discernment.

--Christopher

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Because talks are often delivered with local needs in mind, we could easily misconstrue points from a
    circulated recording, since we would not be aware of the setting in which the talk was given."

Does this mean that the LIGHT shines differently in different parts of the world? Maybe it's red in one part and blue in another?

villabolo

• minimus
    minimus

Talks are from outlines. What's the big deal????

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The latest KM my folks have is March '10...if I can get the April KM, I'll scan it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit