Man smashes 29 TV's at Walmart. Why? Why? Why?

by dissed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

As one who has been wanting a flat screen TV really badly, I took this story very hard.

What would drive someone to such madness?

My first thought it was 'oldhippie' had seen something on TV he didn't like. Somebody making fun of the Geico lizzard and he decided to even the score. (jk)

A Colts fan who broke down after seeing the latest Super Bowl highlights?

Perhaps a disgruntled American Idol fan, upset his choice singer was kicked off by Simon?

Or maybe a JW, who felt compelled to cleanse Walmart of evil, demonic, TV programs? "I come in the name of Jehovah of Armies to vanquish thee!"

I don't have a clue. I just know that I'm depressed. 29 TV's..........That has to be some kind of TV demolishion record.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585423,00.html?test=latestnews

• leec
    leec

Do you know the screen resolution of these 29 tvs? We can use that to calculate the exact moment when the Second Broadcast, the advent of 3D television, will come about.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Maybe he was just trying to outdo what this guy did last year...

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/wwlp_local_man_smashes_16_tvs_at_walmart_200904242056

• parakeet
    parakeet

I think it's a toss-up between the Pillsbury doughboy and the Energizer bunny.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've often had a fantasy where I drove a bulldozer through a packed parking lot to see how many cars I could pile up.

• poppers
    poppers

Oh, the humanity!

• VIII
    VIII

I want to see the security tape. To fully understand his mindset. Motive says a lot.

And, related to the thread on US Prison Populations, what should happen to a guy like this?

Since Walmart is so hated in America, why would anyone care that he caused $22,000 in damage?

Many on *this* board would cheer that Walmart got what they deserve. And, since some feel that Prisoners (criminals) in America are the new Slave Class, this man will only be used to wash sheets for the Marriott Corp.

So, he should be a hero for blasting Walmart where it hurts, (their bottom line) and the insurers (who many hate for *their* profits) who will have to pay Walmart for the damage he caused.

Basically, he is a hero, yes?

• VM44
    VM44

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0211101walmart1.html

Man Busted In TV Smash Rampage
    Cops: Baseball bat vandal destroyed 29 flat-panel sets at Walmart

FEBRUARY 11--Meet Westley Strellis. For unknown reasons, the Georgia man yesterday afternoon smashed 29 flat-screen televisions during a rampage at a Walmart in suburban Atlanta. After grabbing an Easton baseball bat from the store's sporting goods section, the 23-year-old Strellis strolled up an electronics department aisle bashing the TVs, according to a Lilburn Police Department report. Cops sought to question Strellis following his arrest, but he cited his Fifth Amendment right to not answer questions, so the motive for his vandalism--which was captured on a store surveillance camera--is unknown. The police report notes that the suspect was carrying a bottle of Effexor XR, a prescription medicine Strellis said, "treats depression." The destroyed televisions are valued at about $22,887, though Strellis's spree caused additional damage to Walmart shelves, according to cops. Strellis, pictured in the below mug shot, was booked into the Gwinnett County jail and charged with 29 counts of criminal damage to property. (3 pages)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe it's the lack of service in the store?

That can be very frustrating at times.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Maybe he's taking WT counsel articles against TV watching a bit too literally!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit