2010 Convention Theme

by garlic81 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Remain close to Jehovah, since it's startin' to look like Armageddon ain't coming any time soon.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Armageddon the hell outta here!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I, for one, will remain as far as possible from that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. Jehovah hasn't given me anything but Trouble, and He is not worth trying to remain close to.

Also, I will remain as far from the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery as possible.

• fokyc
    fokyc

"Remain Close to Jehovah"

I thought it was quite original; after all they seem to have only used the expression twice before!

Watchtower 1988 11/1 pp. 29-30 par. 17 Has God Called You to Peace?

17 Separated or divorced Christians often have unique problems. Yet, to some extent, "the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of [our] brothers in the world." (1 Peter 5:6-11) For example, persecution affects all who serve Jehovah, and most Christians face financial or health problems, disappointments, temptations, and so forth. Like other witnesses of Jehovah, therefore, the separated or divorced Christian needs to keep meeting spiritual needs by Bible study, regular meeting attendance, active field ministry, a rounded-out life of sacred service, and constant prayer so as to remain close to Jehovah. (Matthew 5:3) Failure to do so would jeopardize the spirituality of any Christian, whereas ‘seeking first the Kingdom’ gives each loyal witness of Jehovah a notable measure of happiness and stability in this troubled world.

Watchtower 2000 12/1 p. 11 par. 11 Jehovah Empowers the Tired One

11 Regular prayer to God helps to invigorate us. May we therefore "persevere in prayer." (Romans 12:12) At times, we need to make a specific request for the wisdom and strength needed to cope with a trial. (James 1:5-8) Let us also thank and praise God when we observe the outworking of his purposes or see that he has strengthened us to carry on in his service. (Philippians 4:6, 7) If we remain close to Jehovah in prayer, he will never abandon us. "Look!" sang David, "God is my helper."—Psalm 54:4.

fokyc
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The list of Conventions is a half page following an article "OBEDIENCE To God Essential For Life"

"To fail to obey is to reject the word of Jehovah.......................The one failing to obey is no different from the one practicing divination...."

There is no specific link to this and the Convention article, but I wonder if it was laid out in that way to make a point?

• chickpea
    chickpea

same crap, different convention

:blablabla::yawn:

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

"Remain Close to Jehovah... and you too will See That the Smell of Decay of the Governing Body Lingers." -- 1 Bullsh*t 4:11

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not falling for that crap again" Sheep Class...Rich)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit