do you know someone who is disfellowshipped or not active who still talks of "truth" and is still judgemental ?

by looloo 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When I worked in a stripper bar, a df'd JW came in to encourage me to come back. hahaha.

lisa

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Reminds me of my former P.O. who spoke of his df'd brother who feels he "can't live up to Jehoober's righteous standards" and is therefore still out.

Makes me wanna vomit!

• Heaven
    Heaven

You mean someone other than the e-watchman?

garyneal, I was thinkin' the same thing.

The other person in my life was my Mom. She was never really an 'active' JW. Never went out on service and only went to meetings occasionally. She once told me that she knew I did bad things. When I asked her what these things were, she couldn't tell me -- she just KNEW I did them. (Ooook... moving along then... ).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh yea, friend of mine was inactive way before I was. She might attend a memorial or two, but will lecture me on meeting attendance as "she has found it to be uplifting to go to a meeting when she is feeling spriritually weak". The last time she said that I told her to take her own advice. She then went on to lecture me as apparently I was overly sensative to that topic.

Recently she decided to go back to college and I mentioned that she was not in line with the society in education. She went on to defend the JW's and that all the JW's she has spoken with support her. I said fine but it's not the official stance on education. I told her I would show her the WT's stating the current view. She declined.

• greenie
    greenie

I know several like this. It is really frustrating because many things are ok - things that even mainstream religious folks or moral non-believers might shy away from, but Christmas, birthdays, church, etc. are still big NO NOs. It makes no sense. And I should qualify my "things are ok" statement. I mean that there are some things for example, super heavy drinking, lots of sleeping around and one night stands, etc., etc., that these inactive people would do, but they wouldn't wish someone a happy birthday or go to a church wedding for anything.

Do you think there's a way to talk to these people and point out how it doesn't make sense? I'd love to reach them somehow.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I was and many of my DFed friends were. I also say my inactive mom is and my non baptised cousins are. I'd say most are unless they are approached by a person that knows about the truth behide the truth and then point out the flaws, help them see the denial but also help them see TRUELY NOBODY IS PERFECT... then guiding them in the right direction and letting them see their opinions and beleifs in their heart are worth holding onto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit