did anyone ever catch a jw kid doing something he shouldnt ?

by looloo 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

i was walking down my street one day while being a"study " and heard some kids on bikes coming up behind me using every swear word there is aiming it at eachother , but not in anger , i turned round and was really shocked to see it wasthe two sons of an elder who lived near me ,and one of these boys was considered a "fine example " to other young ones . because i felt "trapped " by the jws (my kids would die if i didnt stay with them !) i moaned to my pioneer friend about not seeing the point of being a jw if the kids are just the same as "worldly" kids who they are not supposed to mix with and look down on. knowing what i know now i fel bad for "grassing" on them as im sure they would have got into big trouble for "stumbling" me , i thought what i said to her was confidential but i bet their dad knew within the hour ! the funny thing was when they spotted me they nearly fell off their bikes and probably knew they would be "for it"

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Just a few years ago there was a ten year old boy who would continually pinch me...HARD, I'm a grandma for Pete's sake, not another kid. I knew he liked me so I tried at first to talk to him about it. He would laugh and run off.

I knew his parents well, the kind that piously love to be offended so I was hesitant to talk to them. finally I told them as nicely as I could while showing them a few bruises on my arm. They said they would take care of it and never spoke to me again.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Every kid in my congregation was doing something at some point that they shouldn't have been (according to WTS standards).

Including me. Seriously, everyone. It was unheard of to meet a kid that hadn't done something.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

my boy said the F word in the same room as me not long ago... while he was playing a computer game. He knew he was busted... i laughed. I was glad that he has obviously got 'worldly' influences...

oz

• teel
    teel

If I had a child I would fully expect him/her to do something they're not supposed to. It's how they grow up, it's perfectly normal. You're right ILTSF, everyone does something.

The problem starts when the child is dragged into the cult at age 10, so that "something" gets him disfellowshipped. Then it's just not funny any more. I would whole heartedly support banning baptisms before full adulthood. PS: by "baptism" here I mean the joining of an organized religion, not the ceremony of getting some water on someone. WTS gets these two mixed up, for normal religions they are separate process.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I caught twice an elder's son smoking, and he was never sanctioned, like elder kids are protected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit