If we were alone together in the woods 100 miles from nowhere

by John Doe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

and a tree fell on me, pinning me to the ground, and all you had was a dull pocket knife, would you perform a field amputation of a leg or arm to save my life?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sure. As long as there was some sort of anesthetic, and I would refuse to use it.

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Are you male or female? If your female, I would not, as I would most likely have to spend more than 2 hours alone with you, and we would surely rip each others clothes off and let our raging hormones go at it.

Of course, if your male, I probably wouldn't either. We all know two males 100 miles from nowhere pinned under a tree could get into a lot of trouble. Evidently, it happens all the time.

Aeiouy

• John Doe
    John Doe

If you would not, would you take my wallet?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Why would I help free you when my plan is working out so perfectly? Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

- Lime

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Why would you assume I have a "dull" knife in my pocket.

I've carried a knife in my pocket for 95% of my nearly 70 years on this planet.

It's usually sharper than what one might call dull. At times it's razor sharp, or very near so.

AS to whether I'd perform an emergency amputation, would depend on whether I had material to stem the flow of blood, take care of the wound once I did the procedure.

I think I'd much rather look for a way to lever the log off the victim. Since I've done a bit of gathering firewood and have rolled trees/logs over, I figure I might be able to move said tree.

• Edington
    Edington

I would only cut your leg off if you had some autologous blood to hand!

• inbetween
    inbetween

only after contacting the local HLC, and you need to have your DPA handy anyway.

How else should I know which fractions you allow to use ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I carry a cell phone and if I am going into an area with no coverage there are other options available, including Personal Locator Beacons that send your postion, with a few feet, via satellite.

Failing that, I don't carry a dull hunting knife in the woods .... ever. It is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me, so STFU.

Cheers

Chris

• Farkel
    Farkel

If I was hungry, I'd eat you. THEN take your wallet. You wouldn't need it anymore.

Yum, yum.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit