Who or what was Jesus?

by highdose 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

Given the up coming season i thought this would be a good disscussion.

Do you belive that Jesus was real? the son of god?

A religous cruesader of his day?

A collection of myths and legends put together by wishfull thinking?

i myself tend towards to latter , but i'm very interested in the thoughts and opionions of everyone else on this one...?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Jesus is mankind's last hope for salvation. He that believes in Jesus will not be terminated, but gain everlasting life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXz1Qx01mQQ

Think About It

• FollowerOfSet
    FollowerOfSet

Jesus is as real as Dionysus, Mithras and Osiris... They all have the same backstory.

And easter? A retelling of the story of the resurrection of Attis (dies and is resurrected after 3 days).

Mythology is full of the same stories retold over and over.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello HD,

If Jesus isn't "God with us" Matthew 1:23 then forget it.

If Jesus isGod became man John 1 then we should all seriously check out what He has to say.

Blessings,

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Do you belive that Jesus was real?

I believe He was and is real.

the son of god?

Yes, ma'am, the Son of God.

Peace.

Sylvia

• Watkins
    Watkins

^ what Sylvia said

I just read 2 good books for the skeptic, written by a skeptic - Lee Stobel's "The Case for the Real Jesus" and "The Case for Christ". There is so much historical evidence. Faith strengthening for the undecided.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

What if he was a real person, but then his activities and persona were embellished after he died? It seems to be human nature, even today, to remember people who have died differently than who they really were. For example, my grandmother was not a very nice person and when she was alive, my mom and her siblings moaned and groaned about her all the time. After she died, you would have thought she was the best mother that ever lived. Imagine a strong and dynamic individual like Jesus, who perhaps was even a revolutionary of his time. The subjective reactions of people to a smart and charismatic person like Jesus, someone who touched their lives, could have clouded the realities of his life, and their retelling of what he said and did became what they wanted him to be, the way their minds remembered him. It was what, 60 years, before they finally started writing down his biography. How the stories could have grown in that time. That's my opinion on it anyway.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome WalkTall!

Blessings,

Stephen

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

God-man, and most certainly not just a man as the JWs teach.

Let the church explain it:

http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#5

http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#20

• awildflower
    awildflower

What Walk Tall said!. And I might add that I still feel something "special" about who Jesus might have been? I don't know if it's still indoctrination over the "son of God" or if there's really something to actually being who the scriptures said. Right now I guess I consider him at the very least an enlightened person and I hold him in the same esteem as other enlightened ones of past and modern time. That's just where I am now...wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit