Proof of Rutherford as an alcoholic... where do i look

by Aussie Oz 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mythbuster
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No.

The last four articles are concerning his death and delayed burial, but nothing about the events of his death.

It is a worthwhile download though. Lots of silly stuff. Millions never die etc.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The best proof of alcoholism is the "spirit inspired" teachings & policies that came forth from that state of mind.

Think About It

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Olin Moyle court transcript also contains a story of Rutherford throwing a chair across a room in a rage. Not clear evidence of anything relating to drinking but it attests to the general perception about Rutherford having strong temper, and the drinking could have certainly fueled that.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I enjoyed all the links and comments. I also looked up Rutherford in Wikipedia and found the same link that Frankiespeakin did. It also shows that it was recently update 2-7-10 so the info has been updated recently.

I saw that they had actually stopped singing hymms on Rutherfords say so in 1938 and didn't resume until after Rutherfords death.

I saw that Rutherford had a very low opinion of women

I saw that Rutherford was frequently inebriated

I saw that Ray Franz never went door to door

I saw that Rutherford had many properties.

I saw that Rutherford had encouraged drinking at Bethel

I saw that Rutherford proclaimed after completing the 1942 yearbook that the witnessing work was almost finished....

Still reading...

Snoozy..

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You might find this thread interesting too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/158650/1/KurtBethel-visits-Beth-Sarim

I am NOT telling where the stash is!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is there a Judge Rutherford's vault that Geraldo could invade with a camera crew?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's not surprissing that He was dead long enough for the vermen to start chewing away before he was discovered. By that point in his life he was a valueless relic. Maybe a once or twice a week visit.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I saw that Ray Franz never went door to door

Of course you meant: "... Raymond Franz claims there is no evidence Rutherford engaged in door-to-door ministry ..." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Franklin_Rutherford

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Aussie Oz: You arent being anal at all, I really commend your attitude towards finding out facts for yourself.

Not investigating facts stringently enough was what got me into shit with the jws in the first place, I therefore find it very hard to take things on authority. I feel like an ass believing in what may possibly be unsubstantiated hearsay or incorrectly recorded and correlated findings. Even if 100 of the world's greatest scientists tell me evolution is fact, I choose to remain skeptical, and that's not because I am anti-evolution or believe it's definitely untrue, it's simply because I know my personal level of knowledge is lacking in this area, and simply taking 'the experts' on their word makes me uncomfortable.

I dont think the average jw would give a damn if Rutherford was a boozehound, considering the nonchalant attitude towards binge-drinking in general within the jw org, but if it's for your own personal interest and finding out the truth about it helps you and/or your family in some way then good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit