Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-07-10 WT Review (ADVANCEMENT)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

paragraph 16 and 17 refer to a time when the christian congregation was very young. much of the doctrine and teaching was new and inovative. So why would this same situaton exist today. It is over 100 years and still there is a problem with doctrine. The references to the magnificence of the gb and on the other side the ever pervasive "apostates" is so subtle, but ever present. How did it always escape my notice when I was "in".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So the article recognizes that real Christian "advancement" is not the prominence that a J W has, but the heart that he has....

O K so far so good. But does that stop the businesslike man being appointed because he can do a good job with the accounts? No matter that he is abrupt and short with the brothers?

I have certainly known that more than once...even went along with it because nobody wanted to handle the accounts and they might have wanted to put them back with me!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie!

Para. 4: "About the time when Paul wrote to the Philippians, he entrusted Timothy with a weighty responsibility--that of appointing elders and ministerial servants. (1 Tim. 3:1; 5:22) Clearly, Timothy had become a dependable and trustworthy Christian overseer."

Today, elders and COs "recommend" brothers for appointment as elders or ministerial servants. It's the "Governing Body" that "appoints" elders and ministerial servants. Hmmm, so, if the "modern Governing Body" exercises its authority in appointing overseers the same as the "first-century governing body" did, we can only come to one conclusion... Timothy had single-handedly become the first-century governing body!

Well, the other option could be that the "modern-day Governing Body" has completely fictionalized the existance of a "first-century governing body" that demanded unquestioning obedience. But that couldn't be the case because Jehovah's Witnesses are "the truth"! So, evidently Timothy would fax his recommendations to the governing body in Jerusalem where they would confirm the appointments with a dated letter that would be returned and kept in the local congregation's file cabinet for future reference.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I find myself glazing over the WBT$ information..

And..

Reading Blondies comments with more interest..

Blondie says more in one sentence..

Than the WBT$ says in a whole article..

......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit