What is the book she is singing from?

by Doug Mason 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Sorry for such a mundane question, but there are many things I'm not into.

There is a picture on page 35 of the book, "What Does the Bible Really Teach". Don't worry, I'm on top of the feeble rationale. I guess the book will be good in the recycling.

Anyway, in this picture, the girl at the front is holding a book open. Is this a generic book or a specific WT publication she is holding? Is it their Song Book?

It's interesting how they made this girl the focus, particularly with her eyes.

Do I see a face in the pattern of the flowers, or am I going gaga in my old age? Probably am, anyway. Why does that guy in the middle have his finger pointing? Must stop this.

Doug

• andy5421
    andy5421

I think it's just a generic looking book with no infrence to any existing(past or present) songbook

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What I want to know is...is she supposed to be "singing the New Song"?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Let's see ... BS/JWs are into their 12th song book now (based on Proclaimers book listing), 7 of those have been published within the last 100 years (use that as a standard average per century), so depending on which time period the little girl is in during the Millennium (which will come very very soon), it could be anything from song book version #13 to #712.

... Unless the little girl can't read and she's singing from the Creation book.

Oh and yes, the face of the cookie monster can be found in the flowers, and one of the trees looks like it's whistling. Why is the guy in the middle pointing his finger? I'm guessing he's either seen another cookie monster face in the flowers on the far left, or he's examining the contents of his nose.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Its "Sing Praises to the Governing Body" (666th edition). The songs included are:

The light keeps getting even brighter.

Worship GOBOD (this is the scriptural term for God which was a mistranslatio of GOverning BODy)

Joyfully slave for the slave

Obedience and subservience to GOBOD

We are the belongings of the Slave

Remember you place in the organisation

Render no due to Jesus

• cofty
    cofty

Cantleave -

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Ann,

You are lovely!

I was wondering if the guy pointing with his finger was a self-portrait, giving a personal message.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit