Satan, could be the good guy

by excito-are 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• excito-are
    excito-are

You know, there is always two sides to a story, sometimes more. Surely that must be the same with the bible stories. Who in all logic would only listen to one side and form all opinions from that. Who has read the devils bible? or even who has seen the other perspective from the slandered victim blamed for all mankinds woes? Could it be that Satan was a freedom fighter willing man to choose free will and think with all his ability?

Not that I am advocating paganism here, but just some thoughts on a story only ever told from one side

Excito

• excito-are
    excito-are

Mark Twain said "But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"

Good point really

Excito

• dudeson
  • Think About It
  • excito-are
    excito-are

Thanks Dudeson

That was more or less my thoughts. You killed that. Cheers.

Excito

• shamus100
    shamus100

I guess you gotta be a trekkie to find that funny or something...

Anyhoo,

I think you should consider the possibility that you're just debating a story book in your head here. If you come to the realization after reading this, I suggest two extra-strength tylenol and kicking the lamp.

Have a good night.

• excito-are
    excito-are

Shamus, STORY being the operative word. By looking at it this way, I make the bible sound even more ridiculous than it is.

And your right, i need to kick the lamp, but does alcohol mix with tylenol

• shamus100
    shamus100

No,

Tylenol does not mix well with alcohol, therefore I highly recommend it.

If you get wasted enought, you will probably be able to kick the dog in lieu of the lamp, thereby saving you some cash. Just not too hard so you get a vet bill.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You should write a song along these lines. Call it Sympathy for the Devil.

I don't think Jehovah is any better than Satan. He's worse really. At least Satan doesn't run around pretending to be good. He doesn't tell people he loves them and then torture them.

• shamus100
    shamus100

FHN,

Nothing more than an adult story book. It isn't real, so don't be upset over writings of some bozo human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit