Did You Feel "Abused" By The Elders?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Or were you ever picked on by certain ones?

• IMHO
    IMHO

YES!

• asilentone
    asilentone

YES! Long story! I might tell you later in this thread.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have had the lead hounder tell me to just meet men at a$$emblies (and they wonder why I don't go any more at all).

I have also had the hounders custom make rules to prevent me from making certain children happy (at that, right in front of their parents and the congregation). From that point on, things were quite miserable for them, as no one else allowed those children to have the freedom to explore anything or to do anything but sit still at the boasting sessions. They would make the rules as they went, not even using the littera-trash (let alone the Bible).

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh yes! When I was disfellowshipped, they picked on me really bad. Told me how awful I was every time I tried to get reinstated. They loved having power over me (they did not care for my family, so this was a real opportunity for them). They would keep me waiting in the back room forever until they decided they had time for me, and then berate me the whole time until I left in tears. It was like their whole goal to get me crying and then they could call it a night. They were just mean awful terrible men. They told me my baby wasn't worth me getting disfellowshipped for. (Ha! I married her father and we have two more and I love my little family more than anything in the whole world!)

They are just evil. Truly evil, uncaring, heartless, power hungry little men. Not to mention perverts! Dirty perverts.

• zoiks
    zoiks

The local COBE has a reputation of tracking down inactives and turning on the pressure - either come back or DA. I have experienced this recently and it is unsettling to say the least. It feels like harrassment and abuse to me.

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny how some BOEs are on a power trip while others are not. Typically, the younger guys think they can change the status quo and usually realize defeat before too long.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Yes, yep, and hell yeah! It seemed like they had enormous Kahunas (sp?)!

• snowbird
    snowbird

There was one who didn't seem to care for me, nor I for him.

McD, kahunas, if you're talking penises.

Cojones, if you're talking testicles.

Urban dictionary rocks!

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

If ANYONE knows about a BIG KAHUNA, it's Snowbird!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit