7 Times 2520 Years - Nut Jobs Everywhere

by LostGeneration 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD
    The end of the Gentile Times, at least, is consistently true, I would say

Even that though is like claiming you own an axe that once belonged to George Washington. If the head of that axe has been replaced once and the handle has been replaced several times, is it still the same axe?

Prior to 1914, the end of the "Gentile Times" was understood to mean the end of the Gentile nation's rule over the earth. 1914 came and went and the Gentile nations continued to rule. 96 years later they are still ruling. One by one various facets of this teaching had to be replaced to align with reality. This included dropping almost all of the original reasons for believing in 1914. (e.g. Israel's double, Parallel dispensations, Jubiliee cycle, Pyramid measurements, etc.)

Like the axe analogy, there is little, if any of the original teaching left today besides the name.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Carl Olof Jonsson has a good chart of all the crazies using 2520 year theory, except some pointed to different things and they used it to signify different events starting at various places in history. If I remember correctly it was John Aquila Brown who used 2520 first to point to end of the gentile times and he started the count from accesstion year of Nebuchadnazzar in 604 which pointed to 1917 as the end of the gentile times. Funny is that few people who used the formula back in 1800s didn't use 606bc as destruction of Jerusalam but some did use 586 or 587 as the event - glad that Nelson Barbour was so much wiser than the rest and taught Russell, a 25 year old such a brilliant truth defying archaeology of his day!

• Borgia
    Borgia

I can expose a lot of fallacy here.

Allow me to add one more: Daniel 4 is not a prophesy at all in the foretelling sense of world important events. It's a letter of a monarch to all his imperial servants advocating the stateworship. His God is indicated with: The God of heaven. Since this piece of artificially contrived drivel is contained only in the Jewish bible one has to wonder about it's implication. To a Jew the God of heaven was his God JHVH. To a persian, probably it was Ahura Mazda. To an Egyptian: Amun-Ra. To a babylonian? Marduk.

1) the letter should be somewhere on a claytablet should it be genuine.O ... I see. It belongs to the realm of yet to be discovered evidence.

2) if so: the language contained therein is Imperial Arameic and abiguious enough to allow for a very simple reading: a time = actually a year or season. God of heaven is that one which is the main character in the empire or in the readers life.

3) the issue: Who is ruler in the kingdom of mankind, was settled with Nebu's acknowledgement that that particular ruler was the God of heaven. In nebu's case Marduk. Period. There is no reason to infer a future and bigger application.

Cheers

Borgia

• Borgia
    Borgia

If I remember correctly it was John Aquila Brown who used 2520 first to point to end of the gentile times and he started the count from accesstion year of Nebuchadnazzar in 604 which pointed to 1917 as the end of the gentile times.

You can find his book: Eventide here: http://www.google.nl/books?id=NKPhpB9uKEUC&pg=PA1&dq=" aquila + brown "#PPA140,M1

There have been scores of others before him, though. . The oldest I was able to trace was from the 16 hundreds.

Piere Agier (1748 - 1823) => between 1838 and 1848
    John Bacon, (1738 - 1820) => two dates: 1866 and 1926
    Abbrech Johan Bengel (1687 - 1752)=>1836
    David Chytraeus (1530 - 1600) => 1866 day of judgement

They either used: 1260 or 2300 or 2520 days to calculate.

Cheers

Borgia

• wannabe
    wannabe

Why would the one who inaugaerated the New Covenant, point any to earthly Jerusalem as the one te experience this trampling? Since Heavenly New Jerusalemm, and Heavenly Mout Zion now took the spotlight? Wouldn't the Trampling by the Nations, begin right there in the first Century, by those who had broken away, and struck off on their own? The Oppressive wolves Paul mentioned that would rise and speak twisted things to draw away others to themselves? Jesus condemned earthly Jerusalem, and told them their house was abandoned to them, so why would he mean earthly Jerusalem was in question? That doesn't make any sense to me. Would it not now be the City of the living God in qeustion, heavenly NEW Jerusalem? Just a thought! Just interested!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

marked for later... thankyou for posting this!

oz

• wary
    wary

but they wernt all nutters!

The fact that Issac Newton is involved makes me wonder whats going down. http://choicesforliving.com/spirit/part3/newton.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit