Newbie here, need some input

by FollowerOfSet 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, Snowbird... That's an awfully broad-snouted Aardvark... Well, since Annubis or Anubis or Anoubis is (at times) considered another 'aspect' of Set, I guess it fits, anyway... Looks more like my dog, Sheeba (who can look VERY like Anubis when she lays in a certain pose - very small snout and big - RADAR - ears) than an Aardvark...

Not to tug this thread too far off track but - WHO the HECK came up with the idea of an Aardvark as Master of Chaos?? Stirring up the anthill, I guess??? Zid

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Not to tug this thread too far off track but - WHO the HECK came up with the idea of an Aardvark as Master of Chaos??

Probably a Pharoah with too much time on his hands.

I hope it wasn't King Tut.

Sylvia

• ziddina
    ziddina

oH cRAP! Now I can hear Steve Martin singing "King Tut" in my head! Thanks, Snowbird!

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the board.

I was sorry to read that things went badly on both sides when you met with your Mum. At least you know where they stand and the cards are now on the table. You will be able to bear this in mind if they continue contact with you. If they want to meet with you again perhaps either define the terms of the contact ie. no religious discussion or alternatively rehearse what you want to say before meeting up so you don't feel railroaded and the conversation can remain calm and amicable.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just keep in mind that YOU hold the high moral ground. By leaving this dysfunctional "family" (and by that I mean the organization), you exercised your conscience - which is what they preach, right? JWs think they hold the high ground in matters moral and spiritual, but the truth is they do not. Those who come to see the light and leave of their own accord are the truly righteous in this universe.

• FollowerOfSet
    FollowerOfSet

I haven't seen my little sister since she was 3, and guess who was at my door when I got home from work??? I dont want to use her name because I am a little paranoid of her getting into trouble over this but anyhow so I am a big jumble of emotions and excitement so if I jumble things up here sorry in advance....but anyway she waited on my front porch until I got home, I didn't even know who she was at first... We talked about a lot of things, and one thing has really convinced me how f*cked up my family is(because they are f**ked up or the jws did it to them I dunno)....Growing up, when she asked mom or dad about me they said she IMAGINED me even existing!!! She wasn't even sure I did exist until and elderly 'sister' at the kh asked her about me that she hadnt seen me in a long time(she has got to be close to 90 now, so probly didn't even remeber I was DA - otherwise I doubt she would have asked). She went through all of mom and dads stuff until she found some information on me, in moms purse. I let her know there are a great many things about my life that aren't very witness-like...or even slightly thereof, such as my boyfriend...and her response was so what, you're my brother...and she asked when she gets to meet him!

Needless to say we have plans to spend a lot of time together and make up for all the years.

Still don't know what mom's intent with everything was, but I don't really care at this point. Dad hasn't even bothered to send a message so nothing has changed there. Doesn't matter. I have my little sister back!!!

• wobble
    wobble

So pleased for you F of S !!!!

And I admire your little Sis, she has real love in her,and courage.

All the best for the future to all three of you,

Love

Wobble

• bohm
    bohm

FOS:

I would very much recommend you to read Stephen Hassans books ("Releasing the bonds" is a very good place to start) or something else on mind-control (you may start on the psychology-section of freeminds.org to get a feel of the kind of information they contain). Its basically about how to talk with family members who are in high-control groups, how to avoid they go into 'cult' mode, and ultimately how to get them out.

I wish you the best of luck... I dont think you did yourself any harm by crying in front of you mom. much better than throwing doctrine or scripture against her which she would just have used against you later. ('he left the truth, now he is an evil apostate. dont go near him <name of your sister>')

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit