ELDER WOULD NOT STEPDOWN, SON IMMORAL

by arnoldM 10 Replies latest jw friends

• arnoldM
    arnoldM

Please share me letters from WT and publication, this elder so notorious he is untouchable, he depend his lots of privileges from publications

• asilentone
    asilentone

It just depends on the body of elders to decide whether to remove him or not.

• arnoldM
    arnoldM

ya i know, but this guy so wit enough to move the table round and round, he have a relative who is a circuit overseer, he made them as his shields, the elders so headcracking researching

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Happens all over. I knew an elder who had three kids. ALL THREE got DFd for various offenses while in their teens and early 20s. He not only never stepped down, he never even stopped being PO! That congregation is a cesspool to this very day.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Mad is right Arnold, this is VERY common.

Even if you come with a stack of articles, scriptures, etc....to prove that he does not qualify - getting someone removed can be a nightmare, it comes down to politics, popularity, fear, and not wanted to "offend someone".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm sorry, this is one issue that I side against the stupid wt policy.

if a man is of position, what does his children have to do with his ability?

politics is stupid also, many politicians loose favor and have to drop out for some stupid family happpening

• dissed
    dissed

The thought has always been, it takes a lot of effort to carry on with the duties of an elder, especially a PO. The family is usually sacrificed and if they are having serious problems, it would be better to step aside and save your family.

Now removing an Elder is not that hard, a PO is another story.

We had a long time PO who was having problems with his children. I was newly appointed and found it interesting to see how other Elders handled it.

Here's what I noticed. The other Elders loved to talk about him, behind is back, but never was challenged at an Elders meeting. They would wait till the CO came, not put it on the agenda, but talk alone with the CO. The CO sided with the PO. So nothing happened.

But in this case, the PO later was transferred by his company to another city. The Elders unloaded in the letter with all sorts of issues they had with him. It was almost like revenge. Of course, he wasn't re-appointed.

I saw him at the DC later. He told me if I ever left the congregation, I would not get a decent letter because of the way the Elders like to vent and unload. But added, good came from his time off. His wife was the happiest he had ever seen her and now was schedguling leisure time with his family. I have to admit, I was a little envious of his free time.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

good came from his time off. His wife was the happiest he had ever seen her and now was schedguling leisure time with his family. I have to admit, I was a little envious of his free time.

This reminds me of the PO's wife in the local cong here. She was so depressed during the CO's visit, probably because her husband was so busy kissing the CO's ass. A local sister felt sorry for her and stopped by to visit her. And this particular sister who visited is not even considered "spiritual" by WT standards. Sad commentary on the WT all around.

• Farkel
    Farkel

"The seven commandments can be reduced to one: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."" - Animal Farm

Farkel

• arnoldM
    arnoldM

thanks guys for sharing, anyone who have this letter from wt to the body of elders April 2, 2002.. relevant to the issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit