I don't get this! Does anyone?

by wannabe 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Wannabee,

That is right. There will be no survivors when this end comes. Everyone must die. No one can walk into this Kingdom with their present mortal bodies and achieve some so called perfection as the WT teaches. This has been clearly taught in scripture as some have brought out here. And that is why the Apostle Paul said; 1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. So what does this mean? It means that everyone that is chosen to be a part of this Kingdom (something that only Christ will do) must either be resurrected or changed. Christian or not, good or bad, Time will be rolled back and only those selected by Him will be part of it. Only the condemned who are not found in the book of life will not be found in it. This is why the Apostle Paul also went on to say: 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? Incorruption, immortality, that is the kind of human beings those chosen by our Lord will be at that time. Is this the good news of the Kingdom that the WT has been teaching? No! For as I have said many times on this forum, the WT has never taught the good news of the Kingdom as claimed since they do not know what it is.

Joseph

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Read Is 27:14 "therefore hear the word of Jehovah, you braggerts, you rulers of this people who are in Jerusalem. Because you have said, "we have concluded a covenant with Death, and with sheol we have effected a vision", "and your covenant with death will certainly be dissolved". "The overflowing flood with it passes through"

Would this go along with Hebrews 9:27 - "For it is reserved for men to die once, for all time, and after this a judgement, so also was Christ offered once to bear the sins for many, and the 2nd time that he appears it will be apart from sin and to offer salvation to those earnestly seeking him."

Basically, is there anywhere in the bible that shows that man will get atleast 1 physical death?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Just shows you, doesn't it!

When was Zephaniah written? At the time of Josiah, between Isaiah and Jeremiah.

What lies at the heart of his message? The contemporary state of Jerusalem and its fate.

What was his time frame? Look at Zephaniah 1:14 - he saw the LORD's jusgment as being NEAR - in his own time. He was warning Judah and Jerusalem, a theme picked up by other prophets, including Jeremiah.

Go back and read the whole book again.

Doug

• Balsam
    Balsam

Oops no faithful witness left alive on the earth, they didn't understand the prophect right did they. LOL

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sorry I'm late.

When I started reading this thread I realized how long it's been since I read Zephania. I also realized I hadn't had a doobie for a couple of days.

Now that I am properly prepared to address the question about the interpretation of ancient scriptures as they apply to the current doctrine (i.e. like check the expiration date on your cottage cheese) of the Jay Hoover Society, my answer is ...absolutely!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit