George Benson & Friends - Sing Praises to Jehovah

by possible-san 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Motema Bolingo.

Thanks.
    That information is useful.

But perhaps, your post was somewhat late.
    In this forum, this has become the past topic.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hand me a bucket. I think I'm going to puke.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not surprised that the WTS does not support tapes, etc., made by members. Even here they make it clear that jws should not make profit from WTS information. I don't think George Benson has ever made a profit from his music based on the WTS.

km3/90p.3 Question Box

?

The Society provides an abundance of spiritual food in various forms, including cassette tape recordings. These include cassette recordings of the Bible itself and others based on Society publications, such as TheWatchtower,Awake!,MyBookofBibleStories, and ListeningtotheGreatTeacher. Kingdom melodies and several dramas have been produced. However, we need to exercise caution with regard to private tape recordings that circulate and that may appear to be similar in nature. Because of our being such a trusting brotherhood, some may at times accept and listen to copies of tapes from others without ascertaining their origin.

Sometimes recorded talks that circulate border on speculation or make use of sensational information. Would it not therefore be wise to follow Paul’s counsel at 2 Timothy 3:14? There Paul, after warning about impostors, stressed the importance of knowing the persons we are listening to. We need to make sure that we do not listen to anything that goes "beyond the things that are written" in the Holy Scriptures and in the spiritual food provided by "the faithful and discreet slave."—1 Cor. 4:6; Matt. However, these should not be made for distribution among the brothers in general or offered for sale to others24:45-47.

In some areas tapes for teaching children the Bible are being advertised and sold. These tapes purportedly originate with brothers and have been circulated among some congregations. While the motive may appear to be good, would this not amount to using theocratic connections for personal advantage? (See OurKingdomService, June 1977, page 4, and December 1979, page 4; OurKingdomMinistry, September 1987, page 4.) Jehovah’s organization is providing more than enough Bible-based instruction to train our children. Therefore, we discourage the circulation of such tapes.

Some individuals may make tape recordings of congregation meetings or assembly and convention programs for their personal use. Such recordings may also be appreciated by members of the congregation who for some good reason are not able to be present at the meetings. . May we make full use of all that Jehovah has provided through his organization for our spiritual encouragement and upbuilding.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Talented singers, a decent arrangement.....but the can't do much with rotten song....(interesting though)

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I remember going to a George Benson concert. I saw the local co with a couple of local elders there. They thought he was great, though many of his songs at the time I considered quite worldly.

• leec
    leec

If only they could get Prince and the Jacksons to spice it up a bit ....

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Happy I've pm'd you

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Wasn't there a servent of God who was a musician who played for the King? He was probably weak because he chose not to dedicate all his time to Jehovah. I can't see him going anywhere in the organization. Oh yea his name was David

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Hi Matthew,

I've pm'd you :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit