Is the LAW still binding?!?!

by EndofMysteries 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This is kinda scary, for those who believe in the bible, first Jesus said that he wasn't abolishing just fulfilling the law. The penalty of sin is death, so he covers that.

Many take that as most things are okay then. Then I see stuff like ISA 66:17, and ISA 65:3-7, and Malachi 4:4, it seems that they are talking about the last days, and Armageddon, and God never gave allowance for eating flesh of pig, broth of fowl (chicken broth?), eating the hopping rodent (rabbit?), that we are supposed to still follow that stuff? Those scriptures are talking about the last days, not like prior to Jesus, but the last days.

What is your take on this?

• Robdar
    Robdar

My take is that as a Christian, you need to stick with the New Testament. Leave the "old" to my people, the Jews. If you can do that, you'll feel much better in your life.

Hope that helped you some.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus broke many of the old laws..

If your a Christian..

Would`nt you follow the Example and Words of Jesus?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I find it interesting that the supposed word of God is so convoluted that even its believers cannot figure out how to follow its teachings.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    I find it interesting that the supposed word of God is so convoluted that even its believers cannot figure out how to follow its teachings.

• freydo
    freydo

Galatians, what a misunderstood book!

"Often, one of the first things a nominal Christian will say when you tell them the law has not been abolished is: "you need to read the book of Galatians!" In spite of the multitude of scriptures in the "New Testament" which demonstrate we should keep Yahweh's law, many understand Paul's letter to Galatians to state otherwise.

In reality, there is not a single verse in the book of Galatians or anywhere in the scripture that would tell us that the law has been abolished. Rather, much to the contrary! The book of Galatians actually proves that while we are not saved by our observance of the Torah (The Hebrew word translated "Law" all throughout the scriptures), true believers will make a sincere effort to walk in its precepts.

In this study we will go through each of the verses in Galatians chapter 2 through chapter 5, which contain the key verses speaking of Yahweh's Torah/law and its place in our life. It is the words in these chapters that are most frequently understood as "abolishing the law". Thus, we will examine them to see if Paul is really making any claim that the law is now abolished and not to be heeded......"

http://www.eliyah.com/galatians3kjv.html

Acts 18:4 - And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

"Truly, the Sabbath was not for Jews only. "

"Did Paul do one thing and preach another? Did he preach that the Sabbath had been abolished but yet keep the Sabbath himself? Did He really call the Galatians (some of whom were Jewish) "foolish" for observing the Sabbath day and then be a hypocrite by observing it himself?"

http://www.eliyah.com/ysabbath.htm

Acts 16: 1-3 NIV "He came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was a Jewess and a believer, but whose father was a Greek. The brothers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him."

Reslight.net

• leec
    leec

If I was not allowed to eat broth of fowl, I'd be extremely unhappy.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Galatians 3:10-13 (New International Version)

10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." 11 Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Blessings,

Stephen

• Perry
    Perry

Here's the whole chapter:

Malachi 4

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
    2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
    3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
    4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
    5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
    6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse

End of Mysteries,

The entire Christian Church (members of the New Covenant) is NOT SEEN NOR DESCRIBED in the First Testament. The Church is parenthetical in God's Plans. The Church will have already come and gone (died or raptured) by the time that scripture in Malachi will be fulfilled.

More:

The perspective of Biblical history starts and ends with God’s relationship to his people, the Jews. His covenant was originally revealed to Abraham and the focus on his descendants should continue through history. At times, God blessed the children of Abraham when they were obedient, and at others, He chastised them for their rebellion, often by using other peoples as his instrument of discipline.

From an (Jewish) historical point of view, the crux of Daniel’s prophecy is Israel’s response to their Messiah. The 69 weeks would lead up to His triumphal entry into Jerusalem during the Passover in 33 a.d., when Jesus clearly presented Himself as the heir of David’s throne, the King of the Jews. Tragically, instead of acknowledging their King, the mob clamored for His crucifixion. and told Pilate they were willing put the responsibility for His blood on themselves and upon their children.

The church age should be interpreted as a parenthesis in the 70 weeks, a time when God would once again discipline his children, and use the “grafted” or “adopted” gentile Christians as his instruments of evangelism. At the end of the parenthetical period – after the Gospel had been preached to all peoples of the earth – God’s focus on the Jews would resume in the seventieth, final week.

The Messiah will come a second time – ironically in the fashion anticipated by the first-century Jews – as a warrior Messiah. They will finally “…look upon Him who they have pierced” and acknowledge His rightful ascendancy to David’s throne in Jerusalem.

When Christ returns, the Millennial Kingdom will begin and the most holy place will be anointed. This will mark the end of transgression and sin; the beginning of everlasting righteousness. There will be no further need of vision and prophecy since the King will “tabernacle,” or dwell with His people.

It should be acknowledged that “Higher Critics” claim that Daniel must have been written in the first century a.d. Why? Because a naturalistic (atheistic) world view leaves no room for supernatural prophecy. Therefore, the only explanation must be fraud. The unknown Jewish writer must have written with full knowledge of world events, and intended to mythologize the importance of his people

• A&S
    A&S

Matthew 5:17-18 says (NWT) " Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets . I came , not to destroy , but to fulfill ; for truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place . "

Has all the Phophets been fulfilled ? No think of Isaiah , Zechariah , Jeremiah , all has not been fulfilled in these books yet . All the feasts of Jehovah have not seen fulfillment yet . Therefore the Law still stands . Jesus never broke the Law of Jehovah , He only broke the law of the scribes and pharasees . The things that they added to the Law . Showing that man made laws and rules mean nothing .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit