A Thought on DFing: Shafting the Hounders

by Farkel 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thing I don’t get is not ONCE have they told my why they need to talk to me. Only thing they have given me are: “something urgent has come up”, “need your time”, “we want to tell you about assembly”, “you have not been to meetings”, “a serous matter has come to our attention”. I guess I feel that if they have not even had the decency to tell me what I am being charged with I don’t owe them anything.

Hoggieman....."ask sincerely" in the e-mail if he can give you "more details" as to what he wants to talk about. Afterwards worded documentation to discontinue harassment would be good. I also like the suggestion to get restraining order to prevent unwelcome visits by the elders.

I always wanted to "just leave them alone" the ones who left. Some elders are very vindictive. I think it gives them a sense of power & authority to hunt these ones down and threaden them with DF'ing. Also, in a sick way I think some of them love to hear all the dirt.

Think About It

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Hoggieman: I am no lawyer, but if the law in your state is similar to ours your elders are on shaky ground. After you told them "I don't want to talk with you!" they should stop calling. If they harsass you because they think you changed religions, that may be an aggravating factor (a "hate crime" situation).

Realistically, I doubt the police or the courts would want to be involved (they really do have more important things to deal with). But I suggest it would be worthwhile to become familiar with the local laws regarding harassment, disorderly conduct, stalking, slander, etc. and "read them the riot act" the next time they contact you. If nothing else, be aware of the law so that you know which lines are not to be crossed.

(1) A person commits harassment if, with intent to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she:
    (e) Initiates communication with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by telephone, telephone network, data network, text message, instant message, computer, computer network, or computer system in a manner intended to harass or threaten bodily injury or property damage, or makes any comment, request, suggestion, or proposal by telephone, computer, computer network, or computer system that is obscene; or
    (g) Makes repeated communications at inconvenient hours that invade the privacy of another and interfere in the use and enjoyment of another's home or private residence or other private property; or
    (2) Harassment pursuant to subsection (1) of this section is a class 3 misdemeanor; except that harassment is a class 1 misdemeanor if the offender commits harassment pursuant to subsection (1) of this section with the intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, or national origin [edits and emphasis are mine]

BTW, this is a good reason to not tie up KH phone conference line, or show up at the Hall, or argue with the elders, or otherwise "act out" your feelings. They could make the same claims against you, saying you're harassing them. They didn't get involved in so many 1st Ammendment cases by turning the other cheek!

GLT

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Thanks Mr Filpper, think about it and GL Tirebitter for your feedback.

It seems like the efforts have stepped up ever since I responded to them. When I was just NOT returning emails or picking up the phone, they were still calling/emailing…but now they are just getting nasty since I responded. I did think about asking for specifics on the charges…but I don’t know if that will add more fuel to the fire. The absolute only thing they have on me is a birthday party for my little girl. While I don’t want to be DF’d the thought of getting DF’d for that is just about the most absurd thing I have heard of. Not saying I don’t believe they would do it….just hilarious. The harassment angle is good, I will do some research.

This whole thing is insane, I am not bothering anyone. I don’t associate with any other JW’s…and the ones I did in the past have a laundry list of crimes even more horrendous than my birthday party. Just trying even harder than before to be a good person and do what is right in Gods eyes.

• Farkel
    Farkel

GLTireBiter,

That is a most excellent idea!

hoggieman,

Get a copy of the local harassment laws and when they show up at your door, READ IT TO THEM before they start trying to dominate the conversation. Tell them you know your rights and at that moment THEY are violating them. Tell them if they continue you will pursue all legal remedies, starting right now with calling the police!

Watch those little two-bit Nazis bolt like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.

Farkel

• clarity
    clarity

Farkel..

I agree with you..

My SIL was DF after 10 years..

How frigg`n stupid would you have to be?..

To hunt someone down you have`nt seen for 10 years..

To tell them..

They can`t associate with you anymore..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

lol hahahahahahh.

Great thread!

• hoser
    hoser

We have a member of the Gestapo on our elder body that is hell bent on tracking down ones in the territory that havn't been seen at the hall for decades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit